Alternator replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator replacement

Can stock alternator charge and ground cables handle a 130amp alt replacement? I believe my current amperage is 105

Do you mind if I ask why you need a bigger alternator?
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

No particular reason, my current alt is going out and i figured since i gotta replace anyway might as well get higher output...i do have a 1200w amp that power 2 12s but have disconnected from battery. As the subs are blown...but i dont necessarily need the extra amps just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Tuage View Post
        No particular reason, my current alt is going out and i figured since i gotta replace anyway might as well get higher output...i do have a 1200w amp that power 2 12s but have disconnected from battery. As the subs are blown...but i dont necessarily need the extra amps just curious
        I ask because in the Accord and 3 other vehicles i have ran RF Power series amps(original first model) which are known to be power hogs to power; 3 Kicker CVR in my Volvo, 2 1200w subs on my Grand Marquis and finally 1500w 15" sub on the Accord by simply adding a capacitor. I remember them amps used upwards of 14 volts which is way higher than the average top of the line amps, without capacitor my headlights would dim; with capcitor no issues with charging system in the years i owned them. But yes the wiring will handle the extra amps, check for corrosion at the ends of wiring(white or bluish haze) as it causes problems. You can get a cheap 2 farad capacitor for under $40 and installation is as symple as installing it inline with the power/ground cables to the amp and securing it down(i secured both amp and capacitor to sub box). Hope this helps.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Working...
        X