Detailers! show off your work *56k beware*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pass on the hood.

I would consider this probably 70-75% corrected in its current state.

Menzerna Intensive Polish
    LC Yellow
    PC 7424

I ended up with holograms. I'm not sure if the product dried on the surface before I could remove it, or what I did...I plan on playing around with Menzerna Micro Polish as well.

I got rid of about 90% of the holograms with 3M Ultrafina, and then threw a coat of P21S on it, which hid everything.

I plan on doing a Dawn wash sometime in the near future and starting over. I think the surface of the car was too hot the day I did it just leaving the product to dry too fast, making it nearly impossible to completely remove.

Comment

Shade is your friend haha...
      I've fucked up my own car tons of times lol.

Comment

Originally posted by slEEpy_aL View Post
        do you live in san gabriel because it sure looks like it
        Orange County

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
        I ended up with holograms. I'm not sure if the product dried on the surface before I could remove it, or what I did...I plan on playing around with Menzerna Micro Polish as well.

I got rid of about 90% of the holograms with 3M Ultrafina, and then threw a coat of P21S on it, which hid everything.

I plan on doing a Dawn wash sometime in the near future and starting over. I think the surface of the car was too hot the day I did it just leaving the product to dry too fast, making it nearly impossible to completely remove.
        The holograms are probably from the yellow pad since it is really aggressive. I don't think I've ever worked on a car that actually required a yellow pad (with the exception of my CB). Orange is the most aggressive that you'll need 90% of the time.

Comment

good stuff in here

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
          I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Got my car painted pearl white a few months ago, but finally started to wet sand and buff recently. Not done with the whole car yet but its coming along

Here is how a car would look like after being painted, very dull with little to lots of orange peal. Notice the reflection of my family's red Tacoma?

here is how it looks once wet sanded ( 1000 grit, then 1500, and finally 2000)

Pics of the door.

Last edited by trubluryder; 07-10-2009, 04:56 PM.
            "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

OMg...Luv ur car dude....
              good work also!

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                Wash/Wax

according to professional detailers you shouldnt put that much wax on the car. only a microscopic layer clings to the paint so you would be wasting alot of your wax by covering the whole car with that much wax. if you really want a deep gloss, you should use two or three passes instead of one thick layer. do one layer let it dry, wipe off, another layer, dry, wipe off, then wait 24 hours for it to cure. proceed to the third layer with the steps listed above and you will get plenty of paint protection and a deep wet look
                other than that, you have one clean cb

Comment

This was a half assed/wasting product, so I have an excuse to buy more detail.

-Washed with ONR
                  -Sonus SFX Clay with ONR clay lube
                  -Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
                  -Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

-Rims cleaned with DP Gel Wheel Cleaner
                  -Polished with Menzerna Metal Polish
                  -DP Gloss Tire Gel

Comment

You ain't seen nothin, lol.

Comment

WEEEERD.
                      Well I get my Pc this week, so I'm going to post up in this thread how I do it
                      and Ill finally get to make some 50/50 shots lol.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                        WEEEERD.
                        Well I get my Pc this week, so I'm going to post up in this thread how I do it
                        and Ill finally get to make some 50/50 shots lol.
                        Did you get the 7424 or the 7424xp?

Comment

I got a NIB regular 7424..
                          All I need is some LC CCS orange and White,
                          MEg's 105/205 and I'll be good to go haha..

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                            I got a NIB regular 7424..
                            All I need is some LC CCS orange and White,
                            MEg's 105/205 and I'll be good to go haha..
                            Cool. Congrats

Comment

Do you happen to know of another good combo like
                              Megs 105.205? Im just curious what is out there...

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                                Do you happen to know of another good combo like
                                Megs 105.205? Im just curious what is out there...
                                I'm not really up to date on the newest products, but when I was still visiting the forums Menzerna and Optimum was the stuff to have. I've never tried M105/205 myself, so I can't really comment on how they compare.

Comment

Working...
                                X