Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 Head On H22 Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess i should add that i already have 87mm pistons and crower rods. I am fully aware of the h22 needing to be sleeved with forged pistons as i would not build a block otherwise. My only point in doing this is strictly to utilize the closed deck of the h22. ALL f22 internals. I am going to be running somewhere around 30-35 psi with a garrett gt42r turbo so the stronger the block the better. But i am going to do this with single cam and going for massive single cam power.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

oh you are gonna do work to the block, different story.

Only question i can think of now is, will the h22 block cool better/worse than the f22 design

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I still think it would be easier (and cheaper! ) to make ridiculous turbo SOHC power with a complete F22A engine. It's going to take a lot of work (and research!) to fit an F22A head to the H22 lower end. If you're doing it out of a desire to be unique, I'd say go for it. You'll definitely be the only guy with that kind of combo under the hood. If you just want to make gobs of SOHC power, the humble complete F22A is your chariot.
        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
        Short ram intake
        Tenrai Himoto catback
        Smashed front end
        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

It'll work.

a sohc h22 and a straight f22a are two completely different motors.

The h22 sohc would be an awesome, high revving boosted motor. similar to an h22 turbo setup, only sohc.

it doesn't take that much work.

Best way to find out is to match up head gaskets.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            It'll work.

a sohc h22 and a straight f22a are two completely different motors.

The h22 sohc would be an awesome, high revving boosted motor. similar to an h22 turbo setup, only sohc.

it doesn't take that much work.

Best way to find out is to match up head gaskets.

Not using any of the h22 internals only the h22 block. f22a crank pistons and rods are going to be used.

member ride thread
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

f22 pistons means 85mm.

If you're using 87mm pistons or anything besides 85mm, they're not f22 pistons.

If you're using f22 crank and rods, why in the hell are you using the h22 block? just go with a straight f22 block.

Comment

I've seen you post around this forum, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable. If feel you take your F22 SOHC head and see if it can work on H22 block in terms of all coolant and oil passages lining up, look it over very well. Find out what headgasket to use and if it needs modification. If all works, have some headwork done on the F22 head, open up the chamber/deshroud the valves good to flow from the original 85mm to 87mm with no restrictions and nice flow.

If all seems to work out, make it happen. Either way, even if it does not, just slap a different head on this block and change your plans.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

f22 pistons means 85mm.

If you're using 87mm pistons or anything besides 85mm, they're not f22 pistons.

If you're using f22 crank and rods, why in the hell are you using the h22 block? just go with a straight f22 block.
                  Dude my pistons are for a f22 bored 2mm over. What makes them not f22 pistons? And I already said why I want to use the h22 block.... Because its a solid deck design!

member ride thread
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

The money you're using to sleeve an h22 block could have been used to sleeve an f22 block.

The closed deck won't make a difference when both blocks are sleeved. They'd both be as strong as each other.

F22 pistons are 85mm. Anything bigger or smaller is no longer an f22 piston. They'd then be called custom pistons.

Comment

A solid deck design from the factory no matter how you look at it is stronger than a semi solid decked f22. If it were not stronger than why wouldnt more people use f22 blocks in serious race cars versus h22 blocks. either way the cost of sleeving it is pretty much the same for both blocks and moneys not really an issue. im not saying i am doing it for sure its still a theoretical hybrid and was originally only asking if anyone knows if its been done or can be done.

member ride thread
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

The money you're using to sleeve an h22 block could have been used to sleeve an f22 block.

The closed deck won't make a difference when both blocks are sleeved. They'd both be as strong as each other.

F22 pistons are 85mm. Anything bigger or smaller is no longer an f22 piston. They'd then be called custom pistons.
                        Anything upgraded/aftermarket differs from stock, they designate an application so you know what it is for. As long as it fits and is designed for F22 fitment, it is an F22 component.

Get back on track people, keep the BS out.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                          A solid deck design from the factory no matter how you look at it is stronger than a semi solid decked f22. If it were not stronger than why wouldnt more people use f22 blocks in serious race cars versus h22 blocks. either way the cost of sleeving it is pretty much the same for both blocks and moneys not really an issue. im not saying i am doing it for sure its still a theoretical hybrid and was originally only asking if anyone knows if its been done or can be done.
                          block guard+ weld+decking of block -> bore and hone to size.

thats what im doing

i like my usdm stock block
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                            block guard+ weld+decking of block -> bore and hone to size.

thats what im doing

i like my usdm stock block
                            block guards are bad news because you are using disimilar metals that dont expand and contract at the same rate which in the long run you will have more problems with than if you just left as is or sleeved it.

usdm block? there wasnt even any talk about jdm blocks here.

member ride thread
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                            X