Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

who has the most power from a f22 sohc motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh....I'm getting a hardie.... nice setup!

Caleb
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
      obviously you cant read cause i have been running this setup for what will be 3 years at the end of july and i have run 14-15 lbs every day!!!!!. anyone can put a turbo on a car and blow it up with 5 lbs there is allot more to making a reliable fast turbo car other than the turbo.
      my bad... Chill.... I was just letting you know that i broke ringlands by some oil induced detonation at 15psi... and i know plenty others have also... 95% of the people on webforums are jackasses that dont have a clue about boosting and tuning... and even basic shit...
      goodluck and peace
      12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
      11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
      F22a1
      60-1 td06h turbo
      Darton mid sleeves
      85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
      Crower pro billet rods
      Custom ported head.
      KMS valves
      F23 headgasket
      ARP H23 headstuds
      H23 upper intake manifold
      F22a6 lower intake manifold
      Intake manifold is gutted
      AEM EMS 1040u
      FIC 850cc injectors
      Walbro 255 pump
      H23 manual trans
      Prelude shifter assembly
      Forbidden short throw
      Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Nice turbo manifold. Keep running it till it gives up, then fix it and run it some more (but fix the problem )

Comment

You need to post a dynosheet if you are going to claim 300whp+ esspeically at only one bar with an internally stock engine. The Buttdyno does not count, post an undoctored Dyno scan from a reputable shop.

fast93accord,
          I also don't beleive your vehicle is running in 400's at 1 bar. 60-1 Turbo's are good at squeezing numbers out of engines, making them look good on the Dyno's but they can't make the impossible happen. I'm not saying your setup is not capable of 400hp because if tuned properly it is, just not at 1 bar.

Lets get some dyno scans in here to back up our claims prior to making them. I can back up how much power I'm making.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
            You need to post a dynosheet if you are going to claim 300whp+ esspeically at only one bar with an internally stock engine. The Buttdyno does not count, post an undoctored Dyno scan from a reputable shop.

fast93accord,
            I also don't beleive your vehicle is running in 400's at 1 bar. 60-1 Turbo's are good at squeezing numbers out of engines, making them look good on the Dyno's but they can't make the impossible happen. I'm not saying your setup is not capable of 400hp because if tuned properly it is, just not at 1 bar.

Lets get some dyno scans in here to back up our claims prior to making them. I can back up how much power I'm making.
            turbo90accord has posted dyno's previously...it wasn't 300whp...it was 315whp
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              turbo90accord has posted dyno's previously...it wasn't 300whp...it was 315whp
              I found them, here they are:

I am in disbelief. I don't see how an engine with 130chp from the factory with 100% more air then at atmospheric pressure can make 315whp. Something doesn't add up.
              Last edited by BustedLX; 07-05-2005, 09:03 AM.
              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Yea i tried figuring it out awhile ago. Its about 14whp/lb of boost. I'm doing about the same whp/psi with my current setup including this piss poor log-style mani. So its not as out of reach as one might think. Now...all that power on stock internals??? THAT is a head scratcher lol His rods should have landed in my backyard by now

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

amen to that.. ^^ maybe it's just badass tuning?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

tuning doesn't matter so much with the rods tho, thats all about stress on the engine and how far your willing to push the limit of the rods powerwise. Perfect a/f's and perfect timing wouldn't matter one bit.

Comment

i agree that no tuning or timing corrections can compensate for actual material strength. why my motor has lasted so long i have absolutly no idea. but tuning and timing do help make it last. detonating and such will help kill motors allot faster. ive tried asking jesus a couple times why my motor has these godlike characteristics but he hasnt gotten back to me yet.

one other thing to concider is cfm differences between turbos meaning that running 14lbs on a t3 or 14b is no where near the same amount of airflow as a t3/t4 or 16g even though the turbos are running the same amount of pressure doesnt mean the turbo is flowing the same amount of air. there is also a quite a large difference in airflow between the regular and the t3/t4-60 trim like the one i have.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by StrungOutPunk
                        Has he taken this to the track?
                        yea, it was like a 13.2 and he was spinning the whole way he said. For that car the trap speed would be more important anyways.

Comment

my trap speeds usually are between 104 and 105 and yea 13.2 has been my best time. but with that time also remember that is at bandimere speedway in colorado which is at 6000 feet elevation.

member ride thread
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

nice car man!!! as for the tires spinning, join the group buy for the traction control bars from z10

Comment

thanks and i am actally really concidering the group buy!

member ride thread
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                              X