removing air booster valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing air booster valve

will removing the air booster valve have any adverse effect on the engine? im talking about the little valve on the end of the ihtake manifold that used to have a vaccume line that connected the the intake but now is just open its on the right hand end of the intake plenum and has 3 screws on it and a vaccum line barb pointing upward. i am not talking about the AIB for the dual runner cars.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

air booster valve? do you have a carborated engine?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

no i am not carburated i have the f22a4 motor. its on all f22a motors. just go look at your intake manifold its a valve attatched to the upper plenum on the far right of the plenum it has 3 screws and a hose barb on it. there are 4 things attached to the upper plenum from left to right its throttle body, FIV, IAC, and the air booster valve. in stock form it has a vaccume line that runs into the stock intake pipe.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I honestly have no clue why that valve is there. I doubt it would make any difference. The h22 I got had a blockoff plate there instead of the valve. I had to put on the one off the f22 for smog purposes.

Comment

hahah is it on the side? what vacumn line is it, does it go to the intake stock?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

wait the only thing i see is this

from the front of the car looking at the engine, u see the intake manifold. then on the right side the right right side u see a valve there connected to a vacumn that goes back to the intake, or the stock intake.

is that the right one? cuase the fast idle valve and the iac valve is on the front side of the intake manifold. and thats the only thing i see.

its really called a starting valve.

is that it?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Look at the thing with a vacuum line that's under the PCV line. On an Accord this valve would be on the right side of the manifold.

Comment

yeup exactly what i was looking at.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                X