Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent Auto seatbelt problem (works but delayed after opening door)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Auto seatbelt problem (works but delayed after opening door)

My passenger side auto seatbelt has a mind of its own. 90% of the time when the door is opened it retracts to the front of the car like normal. The other 10% of the time it will do one of two things,

1- wait about 1.5-2 seconds after the door is opened then start to move
    2- wont move at all
    but sometimes will still move after as much as 2 minutes have passed.

Im sure this is a common problem and i am leaning more towards a door switch issue than a problem with the seatbelt system because i never get any of the typical seatbelt beeping business that most people get.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

i do but with my driver side, also my dome light wont turn on when doors are open
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

i would change the door switch and see what it does.

Comment

I have a similar issue that I've always had with my passenger door on my 91 4 door DX. The door light doesn't come on so I don't think its that for either of us, but don't know for sure. I'd like to know how you fix it if you do fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
          I have a similar issue that I've always had with my passenger door on my 91 4 door DX. The door light doesn't come on so I don't think its that for either of us, but don't know for sure. I'd like to know how you fix it if you do fix it.
          see, the door switch was the first thing i thought of, but, my door light always comes on just as it should every time i open the door.

I am wondering if the door switch circuits is spiced to feed a signal to something like the seatbelt ecu and maybe checking that circuit between that splices and the seatbelt computer.

member ride thread
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Its the seat belt switch on the belt track behind the a pillar
            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
              Its the seat belt switch on the belt track behind the a pillar
              Im gonna have to look into this, is it located behind the pillar plastics? and if so i wonder if it is tied into the door switch somehow.

member ride thread
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

my seat belt on the passenger likes to lock people in the seat sometimes...it gets jammed and wont go forward and you have to press the red button to get out lol

Ride List
                1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                  my seat belt on the passenger likes to lock people in the seat sometimes...it gets jammed and wont go forward and you have to press the red button to get out lol
                  the seat belts are under a life time warranty, honda will fix for free.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                    really? even if the car has changed ownership
                    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

^^ yes sir , its a safety thing . good or rebuilt title , they have too . if your local dealer gives you crap ( which mine did ) contact HOA . they hooked me up with a diffrent dealership and i got a free gas card for my troubles. the techs. looked at it on a Mon. and ordered parts and called me back on Fri. also i made friends with some of the sales men and they hooked me up with 2 free honda hats and a polo honda shirt .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

^^ yes sir , its a safety thing . good or rebuilt title , they have too . if your local dealer gives you crap ( which mine did ) contact HOA . they hooked me up with a diffrent dealership and i got a free gas card for my troubles. the techs. looked at it on a Mon. and ordered parts and called me back on Fri. also i made friends with some of the sales men and they hooked me up with 2 free honda hats and a polo honda shirt .
                        sweet, imma go get it checked out

Comment

The seatbelt warranty that gets brought up in all of these threads ONLY covers the seatbelt material, latches/locks and thats ALL.

The electronic and motor mechanisms of 90/91 automatic seat belts is NOT covered.

member ride thread
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

i Retract my previous statement, I found this tech bulletin which lists different parts that are covered- check it here

member ride thread
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Think i may have figured out the problem!

I was replacing the little motor that locks and unlocks the door and noticed that there is a second circuit on the door lock actuator. After looking at it more closely, i found that when i unplugged it, the seatbelt light illuminated and started beeping.

So... this got me thinking, i wonder if this is the switch that notifies the seatbelt ecu to move the belts. so i tested it and sure enough that was it. I took the switch apart and found it caked with old grease and dirt so i cleaned it and lubed it with new grease and...

Problem fixed! Seatbelt now moves every single time and no delay anymore.

member ride thread
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                              X