Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

are there any f22 turbo cars on here without dsm crap on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punkrockimport
    d21x, i am not sure but i dont thnk that 10 lbs would make 300 horse on a b16. i have a friend who just sold his civic hatch, that was a boosted b16. he was running about 12 lbs. daily, and riding in his car, i would say he may have put about 240 or so. i could be wrong though. anyways, i cant say this guy is bs, because im not that knowledgeable about turbo's. im learning a lot on this thread so far though. keep the talking going. i also wouldn't mind seeing a timeslip if you have one because the idea has come across my mind to boost my car. i just wanna see what i could maybe expect out of it.
    flow is totally different between turbo's, psi is just a pressure #. turbo90accord is using a 60-1 which is pretty big. bigger than t3/t4e's. on a b16 at 10psi it will easily make 300whp depending on tuning.
    91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
    Generic Mugen Lip
    Generic Intake
    EX 4-2-1 Header
    Dynomax Muffler
    Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
    ST Rear Sway Bar
    17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
      hey man what reason do i have to lie? i already said my I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH POWER I HAVE. you claim bs on shit you dont even know about. what reason would my motor have to blow if it is taken care of and always runs rich so i dont detonate? i dont feel i need to adjust timing untill im at 300 hp cause it is not that critical to me. egt's and air fuel ratios are good things to tune you dont always have to mess with timing unless your numbers are off so much that you MUST change timing. just because my car has so many miles on it has no effect on weather or not my motor should have blown by now because obviously it hasnt and it runds great and i drive it every day at least 20 miles and havent had one single hint of a problem being turbo for over 2 years.

also yes i am using the missing link i wouldnt have put it in my list if i wasnt using it. and my intercooler is an apexi hybrid
      ok, so u dont know how much HP u have. why did u post that dyno sheet up on Hondasociety then? please dont claim that u have 274whp or whatever if u dont have a dyno sheet. If u're gonna say ur accord run's 13's, then post a timeslip please. u're the only person in the world that i know of that runs a missing link with his safc. speaking of your HKS a/f tuning thingy. can u give us more info about it. i searched google and cant find anything about it. maybe if u could take some pics and tell us how it works. oh more pics of your car/engine would also be helpful. im not trying to bash u down or anything, i just want to know for sure that hey, a 4th gen is FAWKING FAST AND NOT JUST BS!!!
      Generic Mugen Lip
      Generic Intake
      EX 4-2-1 Header
      Dynomax Muffler
      ST Rear Sway Bar

Comment

here is the link for the hks a/f knock meter
        click here

why is it so hard to believe that i am running a missing link? it works for me and the way that i have it tuned it works pretty damn good at cutting CEL's out. i know i could run without it but id rather just keep it there cause thats how it is tuned.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

wow thats a nice unit there. now i see how u are tuned good. how much did that cost again???
          Generic Mugen Lip
          Generic Intake
          EX 4-2-1 Header
          Dynomax Muffler
          ST Rear Sway Bar

Comment

i paid i think like around 600 for it

member ride thread
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

That looks pretty nice. I've been wondering... what exactly is the difference between a wideband o2 sensor and a normal one? Could someone fill me in with some details on why it's necessary etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                That looks pretty nice. I've been wondering... what exactly is the difference between a wideband o2 sensor and a normal one? Could someone fill me in with some details on why it's necessary etc?
                a normal O2 sensor like our honda's only reads like 2 voltages. one for lean and the other for rich. for tuning, our O2 sensor's are worthless because it can tell us rich or lean and thats it.

a wideband O2 sensor has many voltage readings. it can tell u if your super lean, stoich, rich, super rich, etc... depending on your voltage readings. with the wideband O2 sensor, u can tune to get a an a/f ratio of 11 - 12 which is good for turbo'd cars.
                Generic Mugen Lip
                Generic Intake
                EX 4-2-1 Header
                Dynomax Muffler
                ST Rear Sway Bar

Comment

I heard that wide band read max 5V while narrow band(stock) read max 1V??

I know taht 12.5 a/f ratio ~ .92v on O2 sensor is where most power is made, but people run richer like 11:0 or 10:5 just to be safe, but making less HP right??
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

better safe then sorry.. i mean u want max power.. and have u break something within a few days/weeks/months w.e or lot as much power but still keep some reliability and safety against detonation.. mann.. i still say if u want to rid of most detonation issues
                    www.snowperformanc.net.
                    ur car tuned with that running will make for a good detonation free car..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Thanks for the info. That link you put up doesn't work.

Comment

that boost cooler thing is a bunch of junk i would never put that on my car. if i was gonna put methanol in my car i would fully convert my whole system to be compatible with methanol. methanol eats at steel fittings and hoses. that system would just cause problems in the long run. regardless it you have that thing on your car or not it is not possible to eliminate detonation by injecting methanol sure it may help but only if you completly retune for it being on there.

member ride thread
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

i didnt say to run pure methanol.. if u read the FAQ u can run Windshiled washer fluid.. which isnt 100 percent meth..
                          and i know it wont RID COMPLETELY detonation.. but its a very good start.. and about eating steel fittings.. and such what would it really eat at .. the only hoses i see getting messed with are the ones on the Intake manifold.. not to hard to replace for a bit peace of mind.. and about retuning it i said that.. read the last sentence.. as for being totally retuned.. i bet u could get away with adjust the a/f ratio.. to compensate for the lean condition the lower temps would cause..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i just personally already have an engine bay that is allready packed full so i wouldnt have room for it or the resevoir. and i am not really a fan of aftermarket things that spray water and meth into my engine. i have no doubt that it works but i think its better to just stick with what i have. anyway if you have a really good interecooler that is doing a good job than you wouldnt really need that thing anyway.

member ride thread
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

turbo90accord, did you ever happen to find those timeslips? i am still very curious to see the ET results.

Comment

ive been trying to find them i cleand out my garage and put them in a file i gotta find. i will post as soon as i find it

member ride thread
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                                X