HELP! no power to ecu!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! no power to ecu!!

so i just got done doing my intake manifold swap to the f22a6 got everything put back together bolted up the intercooler piping go to start the car and nothing! so im like ok maybe i unplugged a harness. nope everything is conected but no power is going to the computer. i am sure that there is no power going to the ecu because my SAFC is connected to the ECU power line and my check engine light does not light up when i turn the key! could it possibly be the main relay? i dont see how this could have happened just by swapping manifolds never heard of such shit!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

ahh check this

there is a fuse box inside the car, there is a ecu fuse there...check that...when the CEL dont turn on that part is likley the cause.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

all the ecu fuses and radio backup fuses are ok still nothing

member ride thread
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

put back your a4 ecu and see if it works.

usually i take out the fuse for the ecu first then i take out the ecu.

did u ever test that a6 ecu?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i didnt swap the ecu's because i dont need the butterflys to be controlled by the ecu

member ride thread
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

oh...thats weird....id check around again and see if u missed something.

whats electric there? humm...no click over at all? ever tried resetting the ecu?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i read in another forum u said u have 10 volts going to the ecu...? i think it needs at least 11

humm...can u diagnose the main relay.

do u hear a click at all? like when the CEL turns off when u put it on ACC....

Retro!

Hater

Comment

everything works but the ecu the engine turns over no problem. someone mentioned a ground on the thermostat housing but i cant find it

member ride thread
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

i figured it out it was the ground going to the thermostat i just couldnt find it untill i removed the thermostat housing and it was tucked below a wire harness all is well now thanks for the info guys!

member ride thread
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                  X