Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cracked sleeve your opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cracked sleeve your opinion please

Hey guys,

I usually lay pretty low on here but this one kinda got to me...
    So i bought a darton sleeved block from someone on here not going to name drop... but anyways i finally got it to the machine shop and the guy noticed that one of the sleeves is cracked pretty bad. i guess my question is do you think i should try to get some money back and has anyone had to resleeve a darton sleeve and where can i buy one?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

I think it depends if you got it cheap enough i says just count it as a lost and get a new one, but if you didn't that good of a deal i would talk to the seller.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

I'd keep it only if:

The other sleeves had decent meat on them.

You can buy one sleeve from darton (I mean you CAN do that)

If your machinist is competent enough to install one sleeve without messing up the others.

There are test that they can do to ensure the integrity of the metal. I can't think of the name of the test right now.

Comment

well the seller and i worked everything out. he was really professional about it thank god!

member ride thread
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

im glad it worked out i wonder if darton would warrenty it
          93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
            well the seller and i worked everything out. he was really professional about it thank god!
            This good to know, so whats the next step? Are you boosting? What motor?

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
              This good to know, so whats the next step? Are you boosting? What motor?
              1990 honda accord

14.5lbs every day!!!

-stock f22a4 block
              -a6/h23 hybrid intake manifold
              -ported h23 throttle body
              -550cc injectors
              -safc
              -t3/t4 60-1 turbo
              -custom tubular exhaust manifold- real tubes not log style crap.
              -apexi hybrid intercooler
              -blitz DD blow off valve
              -3 inch custom made down pipe w/
              v-band clamps
              -hand made and fitted 3 inch down pipe
              -2 3/4" custom exhaust no cat
              w/ 3 "apexi n1 muffler
              -aem eugo wideband gauge
              -greddy profec E-01 boost controller
              -greddy catch can

-front, rear, rear lower strut bars
              -suspension technics sway bars
              -tokico blue shocks
              -sprint springs

-jdm headlights
              -jdm fog lights
              -jdm cb3 steering wheel
              -jdm sidemarkers
              -jdm air refiner
              -jdm power folding mirrors
              -jdm gauge cluster
              -jdm sunvisors

-auto-manual tranny conversion
              -custom front motor mount
              -rear auto to manual DX motor mount converson
              -cut and removed spare tire well replaced with 16 g. sheet metal- 65lbs!
              CB7
              Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
              Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
              Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

I had called every company i knew of that carried darton and nobody had any back stock of the sleeves. apparently darton stopped making that design 4 years ago when they went to the new design with the coolant swirl technology. darton was not even willing to make a custom sleeve for me. oh well im gonna go with the benson sleeves now and just sleeve my original block. I am boosting an f22a4 with stock head.

my plans are to be in the 550hp range using every avaliable part from bisimoto and a few other tricks and parts. definatly stay tuned im gonna do a thread in the turbo section on my build when i start gettin to the nitty gritty! my car will be the sickest cb7 anyone has ever seen! i am currently shaving my engine bay of all wires and shaving the engine bay. all interior parts including dash<- the whole thing! , pillar mouldings, door panels, center consol, and rear deck are going to be carbon fibre suede headliner in grey and grey suede recaro seats.

member ride thread
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                  I had called every company i knew of that carried darton and nobody had any back stock of the sleeves. apparently darton stopped making that design 4 years ago when they went to the new design with the coolant swirl technology. darton was not even willing to make a custom sleeve for me. oh well im gonna go with the benson sleeves now and just sleeve my original block. I am boosting an f22a4 with stock head.

my plans are to be in the 550hp range using every avaliable part from bisimoto and a few other tricks and parts. definatly stay tuned im gonna do a thread in the turbo section on my build when i start gettin to the nitty gritty! my car will be the sickest cb7 anyone has ever seen! i am currently shaving my engine bay of all wires and shaving the engine bay. all interior parts including dash<- the whole thing! , pillar mouldings, door panels, center consol, and rear deck are going to be carbon fibre suede headliner in grey and grey suede recaro seats.
                  id like to see that.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X