No announcement yet.

Ultimate engine bay/wire tuck sneak peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updated... finished polishing my engine block. took 12 hrs using a dremel and a whole lot of different grit sand papers and a lot of patience!! block gets sent to bisimoto on the 8th of dec. bisi is going to sleeve it and build it for me.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

that block is crazy...i dunno how you wentat it for so long...i barely even wanted to clean mine

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

holy shit! thats an amazing block!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

That is official. That's a hot @ss idea, and you get mad creativity and performance points on that task. Keep up the excellent work.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

that is pretty awesome man

My Members Ride Page

Comment

what did you use to polish that block? Damn...nice
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                what did you use to polish that block? Damn...nice
                started with 150 grit sand paper wrapped around a dremel mandrel went over every surface removing all the casting flash and shaping out the imperfections. the went to 250 grin, then 350 then 600 then 1500 then 2000 then used a 2 inch buffing wheel with my electric drill. There is a diy on polishing engine parts thats pretty similar to the way that i did mine. i am pretty please with the results though hard work paid off! now i have to do the head but that should only take two hours.

member ride thread
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I'll say it payed off...that block is show quality...hell...

nice work!

you gonna make the valve cover and head match?
                  ____

Comment

MOAR! MOAR!
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                      I'll say it payed off...that block is show quality...hell...

nice work!

you gonna make the valve cover and head match?
                      probably do a custom painted valve cover after i have my crankcase vent AN- bungs welded to it. the head will be polish too same with transmission.

member ride thread
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

where did you get your carbon fiber? i am looking to do several projects with it, and i need a good source for a lot of it (at least 5 yards, in a roll)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

looks awesome

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
                          1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
                          1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
                          1990 Galant Base Model junked it
                          1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                            where did you get your carbon fiber? i am looking to do several projects with it, and i need a good source for a lot of it (at least 5 yards, in a roll)
                            none of the carbon fiber that i am using came in roll form. they are all scraps from a friend who builds airplanes. alot of the scraps though are as big as 100 inches wide.

Update- final clearcoat has been sprayed on the passenger side and i will wetsand out all the orange peel and buff it perfect tomorrow.

also started laying some carbon on drivers side around motor mount bracket. cant really tell if drivers side is going to be harder or easier cause i have to wrap that mount.

also not sure what im going to do with the firewall.... only reason i dont want to do carbon on it as well is because since i will also be racing this car i dont know what NHRA/nopi rules are as far as stuff like carbon fiber on the firewall. personally dont think it should matter because im going to have a scatter shield on my tranny anyways....

we'll see.

member ride thread
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

your going to polish the transmission next right?? i really like what you're doing. it's so refreshing to see a thread on making/moding/working on stuff than the same old threads one normally sees. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                                your going to polish the transmission next right?? i really like what you're doing. it's so refreshing to see a thread on making/moding/working on stuff than the same old threads one normally sees. later.

I agree with you on the refreshing part! thats why im documenting what im doing! its different!

I am kind of torn on the transmission because i can get a built h23 tranny from gearspeed.com for a bit over a grand and that includes a polished case so im not sure yet. i think what ill do is polish my accord one for now and when the time comes sell it and get the gearspeed tranny. surely someone would want to buy a polished good tranny!

member ride thread
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                                X