Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 Head On H22 Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Head On H22 Block?

Has anyone done or know if this can be done and what needs to be done to the h block to be adapted for the f22a head.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

No and dunno why you would do that. Never know might find some untouched territory.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im only going to be using the block. will be using all f22 internals and f22 head because i want to stay single cam. only advantage and why i want to use the h22 block is to
      utilize the solid deck block.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Not gonna work. F pistons wont work in an H block without sleeving the H block, completely negating..every possible advantage you think youve come up with.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
          Not gonna work. F pistons wont work in an H block without sleeving the H block, completely negating..every possible advantage you think youve come up with.
          he could get mahle(SP) gold piston for the H23.

same bore as an h22
          hooks up to f22 rods(cause there the same)
          and you don't have to resleeve

but you'd still have to deal with oil drainage and other stuff to get the head to work on that block

Comment

i say go for it keep in mind just the oil drains would have to be lined up but also the a6 head is one of the best flowing heads

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

what would be the point? isnt the F block stronger anyway?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i was thinkin the same...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

exactly...IMO its pointless but then people have been wanteing to do wierd franks for some reason. And as already mentioned F series pistons DO NOT fit in the H block research should net you that result. 85mm vs 87mm bore.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

he can make it work if he wanted too guys let him be different if he wants to

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

of course he can make it work...just a little more work to be done
                      Last edited by Boost_Lee; 01-08-2008, 08:20 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Actually, I've thought about doing something similar and sticking it in a civic or my accord. A buddy of mine has a JDM H22 bottom end in good shape (for cheap), but the head is gone. I have several heads to choose from to stick on them, but none of them an h22 (I have an f22 when I get mine out, f23Vtec, and h23). They all should fit (h23 head should be direct drop on) and will net about 11:1 compression. It should make good power, rev well, and make for a cheap thrill.

Comment

I has this same though actually. Id leave the H22 block stock don't swap f parts into it. But rework the f22 head to handle higher rpm's, with a good cam and springs and you know the bottom end can already handle 8k rpm. Go for it man see what happens. You might surprise allot of people. I'm willing to bet the low end would suck but up high she should move!

Comment

Eh, only if I can get that block for a song wouldn't I even consider it. I've got enough going on right now. Besides, my other build will beat the crap out of this one. I like to have my accord run on regular anyways... I drive 600+ miles a week. I don't need to pay for premium in that. My prelude has gotten 5000 miles on it since I bought my accord, so premium doesn't bother me in that car.

Comment

Its not a dumb question as most would thing. I've also done the thinking about it. Its just the H22 block that was made to rev high and a sohc head that can rev high. So essentially you will be making a sohc h22.

You might have to do everything in reverse.
                              use :

f22 lower timing gear
                              f22 timing belt
                              f22 water pump

Comment

Working...
                              X