• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    Sexy doesn't even start to describe.
    Thanks Mikey!

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
    Fuuuuqqqqqqqqqqqqq front end it lookin seeeesssssssyyyyyyyyyyyy! Keep up the good work. I vote Boost!!!
    Thank you, sir. I will definitely continue to improve my CB...hopefully with forced induction. Im slowly convincing myself that a boosted F is what i want, rather than a high-revving H.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
    If you gots the monies retro fogs would be sick. I say worth it.

Been meaning to ask you. Hows the cf hood without any pins? And how do you close it? Like set it down then push it till it clicks all the way closed? Or drop it closed?
    Monies....i need more of it. But yeah, if i can swing it, i will. I really like the idea of the matchbox minis in there...plus they're bi-xenon! Could you imagine the output with the D2S projectors, matchboxes and H1 halogen high-beams all on high at once?! fuck yeah. i would dare anyone to cut me off...

As for the hood, it's a VIS hood so it comes with the latch. It's so light that dropping the hood wouldn't close it, even if you held it above your head...which i wouldn't recommend.

I close the hood carefully by pushing on it right above the latch till it clicks...then i wipe away my hand prints or any other smudges with a super-fine micro-fiber cloth.
    Last edited by islandhopper; 09-09-2012, 01:13 AM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

That's what I thought about the hood. I would be afraid to drop it. And hood squirters were there already? I dont use mine.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Yeah, definitely don't drop it. Not only is it ineffective, you'll probably damage something.

The washer nozzles are the original ones from the OEM hood. Just swapped them over...well, that makes it sound simple....actually i had to trim the holes until they fit properly, then i had to drill holes in the fiberglass skeleton frame to mount the fluid lines.

Getting the washer nozzles to fit was number one on my list when i got it. I use mine ALL THE TIME. Im constantly filling up my washer fluid so i know i have it when i need it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

i love the way the hood looks right here. Like snake-skin...reminds me of Jerry, my ex-girlfriends boa.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Car is looking great! I love the hood and that deflector I've been dying to get for a long time.

Listen if you need that fog harness I'll ship it to you.. Just pay the shipping. I've had very good fortune as of late and I just want to pay it forward. Lmk

Comment

Originally posted by Luis View Post
              Car is looking great! I love the hood and that deflector I've been dying to get for a long time.

Listen if you need that fog harness I'll ship it to you.. Just pay the shipping. I've had very good fortune as of late and I just want to pay it forward. Lmk
              Thanks, bud! The GTS deflectors are on amazon right now. There's a link a couple pages back that should take you directly there.

As for the B harness....YES! That would be most excellent.

I'll PM you my address. THANK YOU!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Booooooooost!!!

OK, so....im now committed to boosting the F series. Gone are my desires of DOHC, screaming VTEC and 9k shifts.

It just makes more sense for me since i happen to have a spare F22A6 with 116k on the clock. Fresh.

Slowly but surely i will piece together all the turbo components. Gonna try and do it on a budget but i won't be skimping on the forged internals. Forged rods and pistons are a must since i plan to keep it as my daily. Im not going for all out power. I am going for quick spool and low end grunt. Somewhere in the 275-300hp range is my goal. This will be my first attempt at boosting an F series, so i will err on the side of caution.

So, with these parameters in mind, does anyone have any suggestions as to what components might suit my needs? Im looking for advice from people who have a running turbo build and have parts that they are impressed with and would recommend due to their positive experiences with them.

Anyways, if you've read this far, cool. Hopefully some of you can provide some assitance. Thanks.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Dont go DSM for turbo.

I've had crazy boosting ideas that no one here will ever pull off lol. They work just need deep pockets or friends who do fab work

On anther note what are your power goals
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                    ...Somewhere in the 275-300hp range is my goal...

I definitely won't be going the DSM route. I'd like to get a garrett or turbonetics turbo so i know im getting a quality piece that will last. Im open to suggestions of other brands as well, those are just the two i always hear great things about.

I'd like to auto-x with this set-up, so quick spool is a must.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

car looks good man, how's the knob working for ya?
                      We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                      Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
                        car looks good man, how's the knob working for ya?
                        Thanks D.

The knob is fantastic. Nice weight, nice height and i love the feel of wood grain. I get compliments on it all the time. Especially at drive-thrus. They're like, "Sweet shift knob. Is that a bowling pin?" And im like, "yup, it's custom". And they're like, "nice".

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Dude if you boost my head is going to blow up from the amount of sex coming from this car

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I can't guarantee the safety of your noggin'...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

http://www.godspeedproject.com/shop/...ucts_id=328%22

What do you turbo guys think about this godspeed turbo? It fits the bill with .58/.63 trim. Should spool quickly enough and the t3/t4 flange makes it easy to find a manifold with an appropriately placed flange. I have the opportunity to snag a brand new one for $120...

I've heard generally good things about godspeed. Such as they're similar to garrett in design and performance...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

What's good!? I haven't been able to ship the damn B harness out because I can't find that mofo lol. As soon as I find it ill try to ship it out. Anything new with your whip?

Comment

Working...
                                X