TheNextEpisode : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

ahhahaha I was certain it was the moment we made the deal, I love it boss.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
        ahhahaha I was certain it was the moment we made the deal, I love it boss.
        It's had a few subtle changes here and there, lmk when you want to wrench on it. I've been putting off that timing belt and water pump service. I don't know when you did it last so I have to take care of that asap

Comment

Changed the water pump, t-belt, balance shaft belt, and all seals except the cam shaft seal after 200k miles. To be more precise, I believe it was between 203k and 207k. So you should have some life left on em!

Comment

she is a beauty.

Comment

Changed the water pump, t-belt, balance shaft belt, and all seals except the cam shaft seal after 200k miles. To be more precise, I believe it was between 203k and 207k. So you should have some life left on em!
              Oh man! That's good to hear! I still have another 50k till I have to give it that service then.. Have you picked up any new projects?

Comment

Thanks Wilson!

The transmission fluid was between 180k-185k, but the rear drums haven't been changed for a while. I checked them at some point around the 200k mark, but they weren't worn enough to legitimize a change. I was contemplating the rear disc swap at the time, but the shoe life made me decide to ride out the drums a little longer.

I don't recall the last time I flushed the brake fluid, although I remember doing it twice during 85k miles that I had the car. The CV axles were replaced around 205k, and the clutch slave cylinder was replaced about 25 miles...... after I sold it to you.

I've been working on a '99 A4 that wouldn't start and had a blown automatic transmission. It's up and running now pretty much exclusively on junkyard parts, including a j-yard manual transmission, but depsite having 80k less miles and being 9 years newer than the Accord, that Accord was a lot cleaner than my current Audi.

Comment

Good to see you lurking around the forum now and then, Elliot! I very rarely post nowadays myself.
                  Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                  2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Great and very clean work.

Comment

^Thanks boss!

hahah thanks Deep, likewise! I remember seeing an Acura in your life a while back? Have you been tooling on that recently?

Comment

^Thanks boss!

hahah thanks Deep, likewise! I remember seeing an Acura in your life a while back? Have you been tooling on that recently?
                        Actually it was a Honda civic, current project is an accord too keep it up

Comment

Thank you! Yeah, I currently drive a 2005 Acura TSX, but my Accord is still in the family. I haven't modified the Acura at all aside from a few Honda Genuine Accessories, however. I'm saving up for my Masters tuition (ME) and an Acura NSX.
                          Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                          2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                          2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Working...
                          X