Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the meaning of human life?

What is the meaning of human life?
    Is there a meaning? If there isn't, then why isn't life a total chaos?
    If there is, then why do we spend 60% of it working for some greedy boss/corporation... and the remaining 40% on the internet? (I am not counting the time we spend sleeping)

What will we think when we are 90years old (life expectancy is supposed to increase) and we realize that we spent the majority of our free time surfing the web and modding old cars? Will we feel like we used the little time we had wisely? Is there really nothing more exciting to see/do in the world?

To grow, embrace and spread your knowledge for the collectiveness of the human society. To exist and reproduce.

Or "42" works well too.
    -Will

Comment

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

how is that retarded though? you have to ask yourself at some point of your existense.. what is it that you REALLY want to accomplish while you are alive.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          how is that retarded though? you have to ask yourself at some point of your existense.. what is it that you REALLY want to accomplish while you are alive.
          Make lots of little Bullhorn's and raise them to drive CB's. Oh and iv always wanted to hijack a Ice cream truck.
          -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
            Make lots of little Bullhorn's and raise them to drive CB's. Oh and iv always wanted to hijack a Ice cream truck.
            Fully built turbo dual engine F22 Ice Cream truck

Comment

Fucking bitches and getting money?

Comment

But if you fuck bitches every single day, eventually it gets boring and then you start asking yourself if that is really what you want to spend your life doing. Same with money, I think, once you can affort everything you have ever wanted, you start getting bored.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                  yeah, you do.

then you do it.

then youre not stuck wondering what if.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

I work. I surf the web. I hang out with my friends.

I have dreams that I have yet to even begin to achieve.

I'm 30 years old, and I wish I spent my teens and twenties working toward those dreams.

So yes, I see where you're going here.

Comment

I THINK my point is that most people will tell you that "they live their life to its fullest" but, in reality, will we really feel that we spent out time wisely? It seems like the older you get, the faster time goes by and you start to realize that you spend most of your life working and earning money... which is just paper*... Money =/= happiness and some people realize that sooner or later. Sometimes people only realize that on their deathbed.. That sounds a bit morbid but it is true.

Comment

Time seems to be going MUCH faster for me now at the age of 30 than it did when i was 25. I don't know if it's age, insanity, or the simple fact that I have NO structure in my life whatsoever.

There are so many more things I could be doing with my time. I spend most of my time wasting it, and save everything important to the last minute. Things that don't HAVE to be done, often don't get done.

Of course, to look at it from the other side... it's possible to be so busy living that you don't take the time to appreciate life!

Comment

Money is NOT happiness. It's a product of self generated fake happiness. Can only be temporary really. I'm normally a pretty happy person with getting by and having a little extra to save; that's all I ask for.

I live life in the moment. I think the earlier and younger you figure out what you love to do, then nothing can stand in your way. Once you've figured that out, pursue it. There are a lot of things I wish I'd carried through with. But I've always been obsessed with anything with an engine or motor, but I went to school for filmmaking. I had no idea of "hey maybe that's more of a goal" instead I now have a degree but live in an area with little to no market. Do you mean your life, or life in general? The answers can often be found in what lies inside of us and is true to who we personify or convey ourselves as.

Otherwise, there is no meaning really. I think it's 'meaning' is about love, laughter, and accords. If there was a explanation or single description wouldn't it be rather mundane?

::edit:: a tweak on the original question...why are humans such thrillseekers to the point where it can be dangerous? Why do we love speed, exhilaration, or whatever it may be. I had a dream the other night I was skydiving. Woke up in a sweat on that one
                          Last edited by DJ metadelic; 03-08-2011, 11:54 PM.

life is good.

Comment

To live and to die. Plain and simple. What you do between the 2 is up to you. You choose your path and follow it how ever many ways/paths it may go. Everything you have done,finished or not has brought you to who and what you are today.

No one really knows what the meaning of all this is as it will always be open to interpretation..everyone will have their own answer and not everyone will be happy with someone else's answer.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                              To live and to die. Plain and simple. What you do between the 2 is up to you. You choose your path and follow it how ever many ways/paths it may go. Everything you have done,finished or not has brought you to who and what you are today.

No one really knows what the meaning of all this is as it will always be open to interpretation..everyone will have their own answer and not everyone will be happy with someone else's answer.
                              pretty much there is no meaning which is why religion was created because people will have a guide through life. Someone will be there to judge whether or not theyve done good or bad, right or wrong.

Many people just can't think for themselves.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X