yea another h22 auto swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea another h22 auto swap thread

well I got my motor I ordered a 95 and I found out that its a 97 h22a auto, here goes the questions

will the auto trans I got plug into the f22a6 auto harness i.e. vss , plus it didnt come with a starter, can I use a 92-95 auto starter off an h22?

can I get a 92-95 tcu to run this trans?

1997 H22 autos are nothing like our standard F/H series autos. those were the tiptronic/sport shifting trannies or whatever....it wont work. not to mention the fact thats its OBD2 (although the engine being OBD2 is no big deal).
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

the motor is fine and he is right your tranny will not work.. mine also is an auto h22 you stock tcu will run your tranny just fine,, it just won't have the performance needed to put all the power to the ground.. the p19 tcu is your best bet,, this is what i have.. it works with the much shorter h22 gears alot better and revs alot higher than the accord tcu.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

how can you tell if its tiptronic as in just looking at the tranny because I think the tranny is really off a 95?

Comment

If im not mistaken that is a regular Auto tranny, doesnt look tiptronic at all

Comment

yea this is what I thought , but by the looks of it its a reg prelude auto 92-96 right???

Comment

looks like a regular one to me. whats the tranny code? PS there was never a US auto H22. if its a JDM motor and trans, it makes more sense. why not just look at the engine stamp to see what year u got. was the tranny mated to it when u got it?

have fun with it. lol
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                looks like a regular one to me. whats the tranny code? PS there was never a US auto H22. if its a JDM motor and trans, it makes more sense. why not just look at the engine stamp to see what year u got. was the tranny mated to it when u got it?

have fun with it. lol
                yea I really will have fun , and no the trans was not mated to the engine and where is that stamp is on the trans??

Comment

am I able to use the trans bolts from my old trans to mate the h22 trans to the h22??,

Comment

Transmission code should be written on the front of the transmission pretty close to the "H22A" stamp as it would appear attached to the block.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

yes. you will be able to use most bolts

that tranny seems to be 97 and up because the speed sensor does not have the nipples for the power steering hose for the speed sensitive steering. i am sure that it will bolt up but unsure if all the plugs will match to the sensor.

if not biendiesel is selling an jdm h22 tranny for cheap. pm him,
                      Members Ride

Comment

if you want a tcu for the car i am selling one ( i ran the old one and changed to the h22a one and it was a lot better ) it shifts smoother, and redlines at 7200 rpms.

Comment

Working...
                        X