Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 ford fusion needs engine/engine rebuild

general inquiry here:

i have a car that needs a new engine but I need advice on whether its better to get current one repaired (80k miles)...which is an option...or get another one that is used (40k miles)?

i understand that this is a loaded question/many variables. i dont know why the engine guy would want my current engine and to swap in the 40k mile engine

insurance is paying but i will pay 500 extra for the used engine
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

What is wrong with the engine? I re-ringed a Honda Element over the summer to fix an oil consumption problem (quart every tank or so of gas - to not having to add any in over 5,000 miles) with the engine in the vehicle.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

A lot of shops are parts changers and that's about it. It usually takes a lot more work to rebuild an engine than it does to swap in a a different unit, depending on cause of course.

He may be charging extra because he will get paid to make you right either way but in the end he is going to either have the 40k motor or your busted motor left over.

Comment

what engine is in it? ford tech here.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
        X