Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

just another exhaust story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just another exhaust story

i replaced my headers with a4 headers and downpipe. My friend installed a 2.25 pipe from my flexpipe to my no name muffler, it kinda looks stock with a 2.5 inlet.

Here is where i begin the car is loud sound nice and deep but loud......

it kinda gets annoying after a while, can anybody tell me would putting a catalyst converter quiet it or would a resonator do the job?

Conveter or resonator will quiet it down some.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by manny38special View Post
      i replaced my headers with a4 headers
      You replace a exhaust manifold and installed another exhaust manifold.....

A cat would quiet it down a little.... My suggestion would be add a cat, resonator and change out the muffler to something that isn't straight through.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
        You replace a exhaust manifold and installed another exhaust manifold.....

A cat would quiet it down a little.... My suggestion would be add a cat, resonator and change out the muffler to something that isn't straight through.
        my a6 mani was cracked along with my downpipe i got holes with the oil that would fall from filter i guess over time.

If i had to choose between the converter or resonator to quiet it down, which would do the job better. As far as muffler what do you mean straight through?

Comment

This Is The Muffler I Bought

http://www.mufflermall.com/index.php...374dfe2be97eb5

I cut the curved tips though....

Comment

As far as muffler what do you mean straight through?
            As in you can see through it... The resonator will make it slightly deeper/ less raspy... Honestly I would do both. If you are mostly stock I would try to find a oem muffler from a different car... S2000, Civic Si, etc..... It will look stock and sound good without the crazy noise.
            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 05-20-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

ok i called a buddy of mine.....

so my friend just told me about a thrush glasspack? Any ideas on this?

Comment

so my friend just told me about a thrush glasspack? Any ideas on this?

That is what i did on my integra. I had the same dilemma and the guy at the exhaust shop suggested an 18" glasspack. it brought my tone down quite a bit. it still sounded good but wasnt annoyingly loud or ricey.

mine was not a Thrush though, it was a no name that i got for 40 dollars installed.

Comment

I suggest doing two glass packs
                  wat?

Comment

yes get a muffler that is not strait through.
                    resonators are strait through design so it won't help "muffle" the sound all that much just make it sound deeper and so when WOT it's just as loud.

Comment

ok i got the thrush glass pack in,
                      it tone it down a bit
                      ok so since i still have the noise wit the muffler i have now
                      throw me some suggestions on a quiet but nice{dual tip muffler} to hook up to the 2.25 piping

Comment

Here Is A Pic Of My 93 Twins.....

Comment

Bump

ok i checked out a cherrybomb thread anybody try this muffler

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0896&ppt=C0112

i have 2.25 system and thrush glass pack installed as resonator.....

Comment

ok i checked out a cherrybomb thread anybody try this muffler

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0896&ppt=C0112

i have 2.25 system and thrush glass pack installed as resonator.....
                            does your new set up not sound good to you ? a cherry bomb = glass pack.. its about the same all around in design . as for the link , Yes , i run magna flow. i would recommend a resonator along with it as well.
                            Last edited by stretch JDM; 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

i have a thrush glass pack as a resonator, my issue is that i have a cheap muffler that makes noise even with the thrush. So i checked out cherry bomb mufflers as an option, but i wasn't convinced so that is why im asking about the magnaflow. I need a muffler than is 2.5 inlet but is nice and quiet......

Comment

Working...
                              X