Deev,,i need help please?F20B i have,wana swap,2 options F23 or H22 TypeS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deev,,i need help please?F20B i have,wana swap,2 options F23 or H22 TypeS

Hi deev,,hope u will b fine and will be enjoying ur life,,,deev,,i have an accord 1999 with a manual transmission,with F20B sohc inline 4 cylinder,,,i need to push the engine for pickup and it goes from 0-60 in 2 minutes, the engine is real slow,no leakages and no oil burning, i have had F20A in my CB7 earlier,,and the top speed it used to touch was 210 km/h.but this engine doesnt go beyond 170km/h, and it is very hard to push my car, even KIA RIO or HYUNDI ACCENT goes much far better than mine, the junkyard over here has F23B JDM at price of 690$,he says becaz mine is a manual transmission so i will be needing an ECU and that would be of 213 $,,,,, yesterday i was there and he said that he has a H22B type S,,,in the same price,a bit cheaper than the F23, what should i do?shud i put a H22 type S?with a manual transmission?or shud i put f23 in my accord to atleast beat DOHC 2 liter engine in KIA FORTE?hehehe,,, i will check the engine tomorrow,what shud i look for?which ECM and what stuff?i am not that technical and i will keep it stock,,,,please help me to how should i ask that junk yard to do the swap and what shud i look for?
    will be waiting for ur reply

Deev isn't the only one here who can help you. Yes, he's one of the few that cares enough to speak sense to you instead of only answering your questions, but he's still not the only one. Asking for him by name is being ignorant to the fact that others can help you also.

You need to have either a mechanic or someone mechanically inclined to look at your car first to see what, if anything, is preventing your current engine from performing at 100%. Don't just assume that because your engine won't do a certain speed that it needs to be changed. That's an expensive proposal, especially for someone who won't be doing any of the work.

Do absolutely everything you can to read, read, read the swaps section of this site to familiarize yourself with the process. All of the answers you could possibly seek in regards to the process, difficultly and expense are in there.

Between the engines you have available, anyone here would get the H22. But that is not an engine code I recognize so more information is needed before I would tell you to consider either one.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i m sorry for the ignorant part,,,, i know that everyone here is so helpful,,,,and always have been helpful,,,i have been reading the swaps and general information from the last 3 hours, and somewhere i get lost,,,, i will put more details tomorrow,,and thanx for the reply everyone is welcome for the advice,as i have always learnt what a car is in real from cb7tuner.com

Comment

Quite a bit of work is involved in swapping an H22 engine into the 6th Gen 98 - 02 Accord. I'm going to assume that your Accord is the same as the USDM Accord of those years and provide you with this walkthru of the swap.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27142

Some of the work this guy doing you won't have to, as he is using an OBD1 engine and the Type S is OBD2. So use it as a general guide of how much work you'll be getting.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

thank you,,,i really appreciate that

Comment

what is meant by direct Vtec? the technician said that after installing F23B, the Vtec will work from the first gear,,,and Vtec will be connected directly,,,?what does that means?is it good or bad?

Comment

The inner workings of VTEC are more than I could thoroughly explain right here. The summarized explanation is that it uses a more aggressive camshaft profile after a designated rpm.

As for what your mechanic is telling you, the transmission has no direct relation with the operation of VTEC.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

thanx Jarrett, but what he said was that the Vtec will work from the start, it will not be related to RPM,,it will work when we will start the car,,,he is an arabic and it really sometime gets hard for me to communicate,,,i am scared,dont have too much money,will borrow from a friend and will put f23b along with clutch set ,,,, and obviously i will buy a water pump along with new timing belts,,,dont know what to do?
                Last edited by saqi44; 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I am ron burgundy??

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

Do absolutely everything you can to read, read, read the swaps section of this site to familiarize yourself with the process. All of the answers you could possibly seek in regards to the process, difficultly and expense are in there.

^^ Best advise right there.

Personally I would read for another month or three before making such major decisions like you are about to. Unless you have money to waste, then giver-er-pig

Comment

I am ron burgundy??<------Pardon? i cudnt understand that

Raf ! i will read read and read...before taking this decision......as i will b on vacation and will have plenty of time, and i will bother u all alot for which,please accept my apologies in advance

Comment

It's from the movie anchorman. Because you said "i dont know what to do?"

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                        X