Compiling a List of PT3's & PT6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling a List of PT3's & PT6's

Hello everyone, as you probably are aware, I have been working on developing some tuning software that is compatible with pt3/pt6, and I wanted to compile a list of all the different variants, based on year, model, chassis (cb3, cb7, cb9, etc) trim, and engine. Feel free to post any other ecu's that are hiding under the carpet of your 4th generation accord (that was put there by the factory).

Understanding Ecu Codes
    37820 = Honda's ECU Part Number
    Example (AAA-BCD)
    AAA = Ecu Model
    B = Region (A - US 49 State Emissions, L - California Emissions, 0 or J - Japan, Q - Australian, G - Europe, F - New Zealand)
    C = Manual or Automatic Designation (5, 7, 9 are automatic)
    D = Revision Number

The List:
    PT3-A01 / 1990 / CB7 / DX / F22A1
    PT3-A03 / 1991 / CB7 / LX / F22A1
    PT3-A53 / 1991 / CB7 / LX / F22A1
    PT3-A54 / 1992 / CB7 / LX / F22A1 (x2)
    PT3-A72 / 1990 / CB7 / EX / F22A4
    PT5-F02 / 1992 / CB3 / EX / F20A5
    PT6-A11 / 1992 / CB7 / EX / F22A6
    PT6-A12 / 1993 / CB7 / EX / F22A6 (x2)
    PT6-A50 / 1991 / CB9 / EX / F22A6

One more thing, while your under the passenger side carpet of your car (if you haven't removed it, or relocated it [the ecu]), if you could take a couple pictures of the circuit board inside and post them up it would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by cloudasc; 03-17-2012, 01:54 AM. Reason: List Update! Thank you Contributers!
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

The cb7 only ever got 1 DOHC engine, the f20a dohc. It is run by the PT2 ecu

37820-pt2-000 Japanese spec

37820-pt3-a72 out of a usdm 1990 EX coupe

Last edited by Tippey764; 12-31-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      The cb7 only ever got 1 DOHC engine, the f20a dohc. It is run by the PT2 ecu
      What about the cb3 in japan? Its totally wierd how the australian and japanese .bin's I have for the pt3/pt6 have those extra maps. (EDIT: I've gotten a few new rom dumps from USDM ecu's, and they also contain these extra maps.)

Come on people! 50 views already, and only 1 addition to the list... Lets start peeling back carpets and get this list assembled!
      Last edited by cloudasc; 01-30-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
        What about the cb3 in japan? Its totally wierd how the australian and japanese .bin's I have for the pt3/pt6 have those extra maps.
        I dont understand this at all i ran a jdm pt6 on my f22a6 for years with no issues in fact heres a few pics

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
        sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
        bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

I dont know if this helps but heres a PT6 out of a 91 EX CB9 Auto F22A6.

Comment

for the sake of keepin the data flowin heres my current setup
            37820-pt6-a11 from a 92 accord ex, sedan, 5spd mt, f22a6

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
            sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
            bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

37820-pt6-a12 93 coupe ex 5 speed

COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
                I dont understand this at all i ran a jdm pt6 on my f22a6 for years with no issues in fact heres a few pics
                Wow, that really makes me I guess someone will have to load up a the J50 rom I have once my software is released and start playing around with those extra maps, otherwise I need to run the rom through a disassembler and try to decypher the output, and the references to those rom locations. Thank you for the picture(s) too, I was only able to find one picture of a pt6-j50, and it was watermarked from a site Tippey showed me that was in Japanese.

Originally posted by NightmareCB7 View Post
                I dont know if this helps but heres a PT6 out of a 91 EX CB9 Auto F22A6.
                They are definately a help my friend! The more ecu's we can document, the easier it is to physically compare the hardware, as there are slight varietions between boards we don't understand yet... like the meaning of the selection jumper area 0-10 and the 32/33 spots to the right of the M66911 cpu.

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
                for the sake of keepin the data flowin heres my current setup
                37820-pt6-a11 from a 92 accord ex, sedan, 5spd mt, f22a6
                Sweet, I already have access to some pictures of this particular ecu, but I wasn't sure which car it came from! Thank you for posting up and contributing!

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                37820-pt6-a12 93 coupe ex 5 speed
                Thank you very much for taking the time post the picture, and the information about the car it came from!

There are still alot of ecu's out there, lets keep up the flow of information going, and get this list built!

Comment

Alright its been 4 weeks since the last update to the main thread,
                  I know there are more ecu's out there, please start yanking up carpets, and posting what ecu it is, year of your car, what model (dx, lx, etc), coupe / sedan / wagon.

Lets get this list assembled. I am not even concerned about the pictures, all I just want to know which cars got which ecu's. Pictures are an added bonus.

Reputation has/will given to all contributers who help with the assembly of this list!

Thank you!

Comment

93' EX Coupe w/F22A6

92' Prelude w/F22Ax (sorry, that's all i know...)

I also have a PT3 running my car right now...i'll snap a pic or two after work tomorrow while it's still in the shop.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

PT3-A03 from my deceased 1991 Accord LX 5spd (was replaced with a p12)

Last edited by sow3r; 01-29-2012, 06:20 PM.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                      JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                      2-9-11 - current
                      "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Just last week, an electrician had to take out the ecu of my ride to check if it was damaged. wasn't able to take a photo of the board.

my 92 accord LX with an F22A1 engine, has a PT3 installed.

quick question, is a PO6 or PO8 compatible with an F22A1 engine?
                        1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2, CB7, F22A1, Bordeaux Red Pearl; Makati City, Philippines
                        Member: Accord Tuners (AT) of Honda Club Philippines (HCP) aka tibo_3rd

Comment

Thank you everybody who have contributed so far! Reputation has been awarded.

Even if your ecu is a part of the list already, feel free to post up yours, as it helps confirm the data collected.

Lets keep up the great work everyone, and the information flowing!

Comment

92 lx auto. 37820-pt3-a54

I have a p12 if you want a pic let me know.

Comment

Alright its been about two week since the last update to this thread... anyone else care to post up?

Comment

Working...
                              X