ignition cylinder lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition cylinder lock

My ignition cylinder lock is getting stock on the one position as Im shutting her off. Would like to trouble shoot this before it get worst. Anyone have a killer sticky or a youtube video you can recommend for our cars.
    Thanks

How worn out is your key? If you go to your local Honda dealer with proof of ownership (title or registration should work), they will cut you a new key for a few $. I might try this first before tearing into the steering column or cylinder.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Possibly some graphite lube. Mine did that too. Got some graphing lube, spilled a lot of it all over myself cause I thought it was a liquid, but it worked. Stayed working till it was smushed by the tree.

Comment

Well I still use the 92 original key, its worn, but I have a back up key that was cut and tested back in the day. Both keys have the same result, Im thinking of lubing it or take out the cylinder and clean and inspect my tumblers. Just need a sticky or a video make the e-z.
        Thanks

Comment

remove the shrouds on column. youll see a small pinhole in the bottom of the lock cylinder. put the key in and put in acc mode. push the pin in with a small pick or push pin and it should come right out. then you can see what the issue is.
          COUPE K24

Comment

My 92 og key is worn down. lube up the cylinder and switching over to the back up key. Im still wanna pull the cylinder just to double check the tumblers.
            Anyone?

Comment

Working...
            X