No announcement yet.

KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows it running? looks really good man!!
    WHITEONWHITE

Comment

nice numbers man sounds like a beast I would love to hear that thing.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Hows it running? looks really good man!!
        WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Here is one for those money savers out their.

I've been saving this beat up nissan 240sx front lip spoiler for years, knowing one day it would fit on something. I wetsanded and used some spray bomb for now.
          Tired and waiting for things to cure on my car, i decided to see if it would work on the gsx. It does indeed work with a little help.

I started the first screw dead in the center. and slowly formed the shape, a little wider than it's normal shape all the way out, adding one 10mm bolt at a time.
          The outcome with no other modification is fairly impressive.
          I plan on grinding the ends and adding length as they are about a 1/2inch to short, but really not noticable at all.

I may even use bumper repair, like i did shaving my foglights and mold this to the actual bumper for a perminant fix, so it will look factory.

My car sits fairly low, but I haven't liked how the front bumper is fairly pueny on the front bottom. This seems to really beef it up, and may actually help deflect air where i dont want it, and direct it torward the wheels.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

sick ass dsm...my boy just finished up his tsi 450hp to the wheels on a street tune...diggin the front bumper...thing looks clean..

Comment

A few pics with the install.
              this photo should be in a calender or something,

Don't mind the hole in the hood, it's begining of some major reconstruction design.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

I completely removed all my power steering lines yesterday. What a challenge to do and to put plugs back into the rack with the engine in the car.

next I'll be removing all the abs lines, going back with just standard, so the bay will be much cleaner.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

loving the front end!!!
                  WHITEONWHITE

Comment

I like this one the best:
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

It appears that my turbo is running out of breath.

also so are my injectors.

My 3rd gear is gone because of a faulty shift solenoid, so I'll be going with higher flow asap.

In the process of fabing up a self contained breathing section for my air intake, to try and remedy hot intake temps.

Tempted to sell the car as is. for $6,000, to pay off the wifes car and get a start on the 68 impala.
                      I love it and its hard to do, but it is a real possibility.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

The beginings of a heat barrier for my intake, it will be closed off to the engine bay, and have air forced through the bottom bumper vent, when creating a suction effect by allowing vents on the top to eith pulse air though or scavage air when the turbo is trying to suck the frame off my car, the slant is so no water will hit the filter and cause hydro lock.

gona be fiberglassing header wrap.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

horn shifter mod:

I wasn't even sure if my camera was recording.

I'll be getting on a straight stretch and trying to mount the camera so i don't have to hold it.

I'm unsure where to mount it though. We'll see.

Once I integrate the digital display into my gauge cluster where the OD light comes on, I'll be hiding the control box in my armrest.

videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMeuK...er_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b3bg...er_profilepage
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

I've made some progress.

I have began the ctting on my hood and it's supports,

I also have made my fiberglass mold, with header wrap the dividing layer of 12 layers of fiberglass resin and mat.

Because header wrap doesn't absorb the resin, it has halp add that extra layer of air between the two halves of the mold to help stop heat transfer similar to windows in a house.
                            I then added 4 seperate layers of metal duct work taping, to help reflect the heat back towards the engine.

At this time i am considering finishing the top off and painting it, while adding the sides to meet the hood flush, and i need to buy some of the thing heat heat barrier ducting, to add to the inside of the mold, adding yet another layer of metal foil and air to keep the mold and design from becoming heat soaked on the inside. The goal is to keep the heat on the outside of the box and not to soak inwards.
                            The design as is, has already made a noticable difference in my iat logs on link.

a few progress photos.

And yes even un-completed, it has already made a big difference in my iat's, according to my dsmlink.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

A little more progress has been made on the barrier. Just remember you don't walk into open heart surgery and expect to see good things, it's the outcome and finished product what's in store

"Self Renewed"

Comment

Nice work man I was going to say why put some sort of rubber lining around those vents?
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X