Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: better vision/wiper blade switcheroo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timmy:
    I hope you don't mind I used your pic. My pass. wiper arm follows the yellow line. And now I bought a longer blade for the drivers side and it covers the red area. Hope that helps everyone.
    My Ride!
    Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

Another vouch for Rain-X
      I never use my wipers anymore..and I still have em
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

So here's the deal with RAIN-X.
        If it smudges, you need more.
        If it smears, you probably need more.
        Remember, Rain-x says to have a CLEAN windshield when applying this by hand.

Your BEST BET, find a place that sells Rain-X as a WASHER FLUID. Not just the windshield apply-yourself, but as a bottle of stuff you just dump into your washer reservoir.
        Here in Canada, we have a thing called Canadian Tire. They sell bottles of washer fluid that actually have RAIN-X down the side of the label in BIG BLUE LETTERS so you can't miss it.
        It's the BEST. Why?
        Because every time you use your sprayers, you apply a bit of Rain-X and the wipers move it around, thus applying it to the rest of the areas you need it on most. Eventually, your whole windshield will be treated. It'll take a while before you get enough of a "build-up" of Rain-X before you notice any REAL difference. I'd say wait a month while using your sprayers at least once a day.
        I have been using the stuff for almost 6 years and I swear by it. And this is BY FAR the easiest way to get it.
        The Pink summer Rain-X came out first and now there's even a Yellow Rain-X formula for us snowmen that's a De-icier. (Instead of buying Blue fluid for the winter, I now get Rain-X Yellow.)

When traveling at low speeds, 0-60kph (0-30ish? mph) you should still use your wipers, even if you only have one attached in the middle for that Racing look.
        At 60-80kph, (30ish to 45ish mph) the wind starts moving the water.
        And finally, at 80-100kph and up (50 and up mph) I find that I needn't use my wipers anymore because the beads are just zipping right off the glass.
        I have used this stuff so much that even my front drivers side and front passenger side windows are starting to bead up in the rain.

As for driving around without any wipers or swapping them, you're best bet is to leave them as they are. They work best that way.
        Last edited by Snuff; 02-24-2005, 04:31 PM.
        FAST is an idea, TOO FAST is a consequence.

Here's My Idea

Comment

i was thinking today...well i havent tried it but i should but maybe looking for different size wipers for our cars. umm maybe looking into swapping tegs,civics,ludes, even crv's i dont know maybe a suggestion. maybe other models have shorter arms for the driver side and hence we can put a long blade to cover alot more area in the driver side.
          95' BB2

My Members Ride Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Snuff
            So here's the deal with RAIN-X.
            If it smudges, you need more.
            If it smears, you probably need more.
            Remember, Rain-x says to have a CLEAN windshield when applying this by hand.

Your BEST BET, find a place that sells Rain-X as a WASHER FLUID. Not just the windshield apply-yourself, but as a bottle of stuff you just dump into your washer reservoir.
            Here in Canada, we have a thing called Canadian Tire. They sell bottles of washer fluid that actually have RAIN-X down the side of the label in BIG BLUE LETTERS so you can't miss it.
            It's the BEST. Why?
            Because every time you use your sprayers, you apply a bit of Rain-X and the wipers move it around, thus applying it to the rest of the areas you need it on most. Eventually, your whole windshield will be treated. It'll take a while before you get enough of a "build-up" of Rain-X before you notice any REAL difference. I'd say wait a month while using your sprayers at least once a day.
            I have been using the stuff for almost 6 years and I swear by it. And this is BY FAR the easiest way to get it.
            The Pink summer Rain-X came out first and now there's even a Yellow Rain-X formula for us snowmen that's a De-icier. (Instead of buying Blue fluid for the winter, I now get Rain-X Yellow.)

When traveling at low speeds, 0-60kph (0-30ish? mph) you should still use your wipers, even if you only have one attached in the middle for that Racing look.
            At 60-80kph, (30ish to 45ish mph) the wind starts moving the water.
            And finally, at 80-100kph and up (50 and up mph) I find that I needn't use my wipers anymore because the beads are just zipping right off the glass.
            I have used this stuff so much that even my front drivers side and front passenger side windows are starting to bead up in the rain.

As for driving around without any wipers or swapping them, you're best bet is to leave them as they are. They work best that way.
            That'd be great if my squirters actually sprayed my windshield instead of my trunk.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i heart rain-x

haiku fo' y'all:

DIY's rule much
              rain x is the bombdiggy
              x-ray vision please?

so yeah, it rains alot in Hawaii, rain x saves my life. along with polarized sunglasses, i could damn near have x-ray vision!

anyone ever hear of those expensive car mirrors and glass that automatically beads off any liquid that touches it? (possibly concept) or those electro-auto-tinting glass windows

me likey.

Comment

That'd be great if my squirters actually sprayed my windshield instead of my trunk.

Well there's an EASY way to get around that....take a Safety pin, are you allowed to play with sharp objects? Take the pin, put it in the sprayers hole and move the nozzle. If you're sprayers are shooting over the car, well then maybe you have them set for highway driving. If you're on the highway and they STILL shoot over the car, then YOU have been a dumbass and need to adjust your nozzles, Mr. Man.

Unless of course you bought aftermarket El-Cheapo's and they don't adjust. Thn you're screwed and only God will pity you.

Here's My Idea

Comment

Originally posted by spoon_fed
                  I've heard that when using RainX and wiper blades that it will smear the rain more... or so says a buddy of mine. He says it works great for a little while, then it just smears like crazy when you got your wipers goin'... but it doesn't sound like anyone else has had this problem

I really want to try that FogX stuff, because I HATE having foggy windows!
                  hey thats what i was saying my last post it does smear it did for mine and 3 of my buddy and it built up shit on the wipers gets a waxy residue then uhave to clean the sht out of the wipers

(\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

or just put some car wax (like turtle wax, meguiars) and then wipe it off as you would when its on your car, then you will haev another version of "rain x"...yeah or you could just go to wal-mart, k-mart, sears, anywhere and pay like 3 bucks for a bottle

Comment

ya i heard that rainx works but i also heard that it makes ur windows fog up a lot easier my dad use to use it but he said he got tired of his windows always fogging up... but iono if that is true where can u go to pick this crap up is it in any hardware/car store and how much does it cost??
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

$4-5 any auto store...hell u can even get it from wal-mart
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I'm not sure what the difference is WRT the climate there in the states and the climate here having an effect on Rain-X. I don't think it really DOES have an effect, but I can't say I've ever experienced a problem with fogging OR gunk.
                          Unless you mean that early morning dew on the windsheild. I find that sure you can use your wipers and it will appear to streak, but it goes away really quick. I have noticed that it is usually due to cold glass. But that's with snow and most of you don't get that much snow.
                          I think you are talking about when you use your wipers in the rain and get streaking, hmm? Well, I just don't use them unless I'm going too slow for the water to get whipped off by the passing air. (Anything under 80 kph. I think that's about 48 mph.)

I can't stress enough that you must start out with a clean windsheild. Also, I don't know this might be too obvious, but whenever my windows begin to fog, it's usually because I have the vents on Recirculate and not Fresh. Also, I just turn on the fan and set it for the windows. Clears them up REAL quick.

Are you guys sure you're getting the real stuff? Is there any knock-off Rain-X out there?

Hey, guys. Remember: Nothing is Perfect.
                          Last edited by Snuff; 02-28-2005, 03:38 PM.

Here's My Idea

Comment

Originally posted by JDM4DOORLX
                            I even go as far as doing every window and my exterior mirrors, as well as my lights after I wax them all. You would believe the amount of water that runs off my car at freeway speed. It beads all the way from front to back!
                            Good, I thought I was the only one

Comment

Picture

BUMP
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...795#post197795
                              There is a picture of the mod in my Members thread.
                              My Ride!
                              Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

Working...
                              X