• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had any problems...
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

id just like to throw out there, that if your car is running and youre only getting 12v somethings up with the charging system. A healthy reading is 13.6 volts.
      1.2 - 1.4 volts more isnt going to make a difference. The ecu's only going to use as much energy as it needs, that extra volt is negligible, you could have 500 amperes being supplied and the ecu could care less, if peoples ecus are frying, it was probably because they were on their way out, something failed inside or what have you and because of the short when that happened and the increased amperage the failure was just that more epic. its not the HO alts killing the ecu, unless their output is jacked up. (my amps rated to 17v and ive read some SPL guys will run very high voltage and amperage to get the higher SPL numbers.)

those dc power alternators do look sweet, something ill consider running with single ought welding cable or knukonceptz for my lanzar amp. also for consideration is a slightly beefier than stock alternator, and a 15,000 farad boostcap bank which would be good to 16.2 volts (itd only charge to whatever the max voltage of the system is, a little extra padding for safety, each cap is max 2.7 volts.)

anyway thats my 2 cents.
      Last edited by illinois_erik; 10-10-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X