No announcement yet.

Am I missing anything for this build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill keep looking into the things you guys recommend thank for the info just keep the comments coming

Also here are some pics of my white stallion!

When I first bought it

Right Before Foglights

After Fogs

Some parts I have laying around the house still for the build

Last edited by ErMMaC; 10-15-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

So I recently just upgraded my turbo to a bigger one (shocker). Encase you are curious it is a Holset HY35 fully rebuilt, 0 miles. Anyways the problem this brings up is that the exhaust side is now 3in! So I have to redo my whole exhaust essentially to make it fit. Now I currently have a Megan Catback exhaust, it sounds nice and low nothing raspy, but the mufflers inlet is 2.5in. So I know the Apex WS2 is 3in inlet and like 4in outlet. Does anyone know or think that if I did a straight exhaust to that muffler if it would be raspy or super obnoxious. I don't mind it being loud just don't want it raspy or so loud like its open header or something. I hate civics that are so loud at low rpm and they are barely moving, so much noise for nothing.

Any feedback on this would be great!

Thanks!
      Last edited by ErMMaC; 10-21-2015, 10:35 PM.

Comment

the apexi WS2 is actually only 60mm which is a bit less than 2.5inch

Comment

I run a 3" exhaust. FYI - you'll have to replace the OEM cross memeber with an aftermarket one. I am on my 3rd exhaust in an attempt to quiet things down, so far no luck. But I run with no CAT or resonator. Currently running a magnaflow exhaust. I think if I put a resonator on and a different exhaust it will quiet down some. It's currently not civic fart can loud, it has its own level of loud. It doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder that's for sure, but there is a "drown" on the highway.

I wish it sounded like my dual exhaust TSX. Quiet everywhere until you punch it. I know it is possible but I'd have to pay more $ for a better exhaust system.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            I run a 3" exhaust. FYI - you'll have to replace the OEM cross memeber with an aftermarket one. I am on my 3rd exhaust in an attempt to quiet things down, so far no luck. But I run with no CAT or resonator. Currently running a magnaflow exhaust. I think if I put a resonator on and a different exhaust it will quiet down some. It's currently not civic fart can loud, it has its own level of loud. It doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder that's for sure, but there is a "drown" on the highway.

I wish it sounded like my dual exhaust TSX. Quiet everywhere until you punch it. I know it is possible but I'd have to pay more $ for a better exhaust system.
            Any specific brand you recommend for that cross member ?

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post
              Any specific brand you recommend for that cross member ?
              innovative is the only one that makes a traction bar for us now

and kteller makes an exhaust thats 3" for us but needs to be welded together. It is the only one i know of. You can have a local exhaust shop make one for you, but i would ask for a quote first and then also ask them how much it would be for them to just weld the Kteller one
              Last edited by 93redcb7; 10-22-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                innovative is the only one that makes a traction bar for us now

and kteller makes an exhaust thats 3" for us but needs to be welded together. It is the only one i know of. You can have a local exhaust shop make one for you, but i would ask for a quote first and then also ask them how much it would be for them to just weld the Kteller one
                Contacted Kteller, they pointed me in the right direction so 99% sure they will be where I will buy my exhaust. The welding I can get done where I work at :thumbs: Only thing I am concerned about is running that straight piping to a muffler. Feel like that would maybe be too loud

As far as the traction bar goes I am sure I will get it once I put the block in and start putting some miles on to it. From reading it seems like they make one for our car and if not the 92-01 prelude bar fits as well? or something close to that range.

Thanks again 93redcb7!!

Comment

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't updated this thread in some time. I actually decided to do some headwork and then funds got tight for a little after I bought a new DD (2013 Fiat Abarth) so I couldn't do much. I do got some pictures I will add in a bit. In short though I will be assembling the head and bottom end tomorrow.

I did the following though over the past few months:

New Supertech Valve Guides
                  New Supertech 1mm Oversized Valves
                  New Supertech Valve Seals
                  New Brian Crower Dual Springs & Titanium Retainers
                  New Brian Crower H23 Turbo Camshafts
                  3-Angle Valve Job
                  H22 Skunk2 Intake Manifold & Adaptor
                  H22 Skunk2 Larger 74mm Throttle Body
                  AEM Adjustable Cam Gears

Hopefully all this goes well lol.. It has definitely been a money hole but I hope that the completion of this beast will be worth it!

Pictures Below

Other things I plan on doing now are ceramic coating my exhaust manifold and exhaust side of my turbo.
                  Also I'll snap some more pictures tomorrow after the head is assembled
                  Last edited by ErMMaC; 05-11-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

looks good! and i would get the traction bar before you put the motor in... SOOOOO much easier trust me.

but on another note i just got my motor in a few days ago
                    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204851

Comment

looks good! and i would get the traction bar before you put the motor in... SOOOOO much easier trust me.

but on another note i just got my motor in a few days ago
                      http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204851
                      Ill most definitely look into it! I briefly look over your thread and you are almost done! I plan on dropping my motor in the car in about 2 weeks or so without the turbo though. I want to break in the motor before I boost it. I am actually using the OBX manifold too, but I want to weld some reinforced bars to it and have it ceramic coated. Today my buddy and I just put the dual springs and retainers on. I forgot to purchase the cam seals and the motors locating dowl pins

Question though, why did you use the prelude traction bar opposed to the 90-93 cb chassis traction bar that innovative makes?
                      Last edited by ErMMaC; 05-13-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, they didn't produce one for the Accord until enough people started buying the Prelude version to use on their Accords. Someone found out they were compatible and that information started trickling up to Innovative who decided to market it toward the Accord guys so the ones who weren't aware that it was compatible could get in on it.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken, they didn't produce one for the Accord until enough people started buying the Prelude version to use on their Accords. Someone found out they were compatible and that information started trickling up to Innovative who decided to market it toward the Accord guys so the ones who weren't aware that it was compatible could get in on it.
                          Ah okay! So really I can expect that the Prelude Bar and Accord Bar are the same and they just have it under different listing on their website for those who are unaware that they are the same.

Also here are some more pics from yesterday!

If anyone is curious on the cam specs, Crower recommended the following:

Duration: 245 deg
                          Duration @ 0.050": 193 deg
                          Gross Lift: .440"

Also I was reading yesterday the instructions on the cams and it mentioned like 4 degrees of advance was also grinded into the cam? I gotta go find them to double check that but it was something of that nature.
                          Last edited by ErMMaC; 05-13-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Ill most definitely look into it! I briefly look over your thread and you are almost done! I plan on dropping my motor in the car in about 2 weeks or so without the turbo though. I want to break in the motor before I boost it. I am actually using the OBX manifold too, but I want to weld some reinforced bars to it and have it ceramic coated. Today my buddy and I just put the dual springs and retainers on. I forgot to purchase the cam seals and the motors locating dowl pins

Question though, why did you use the prelude traction bar opposed to the 90-93 cb chassis traction bar that innovative makes?
                            the manifold seems really sturdy, atleast mine does so im not going to worry about it. but why are you not boosting it when you put it in the car? ive always been told to drive the car how its going to be driven, which means boost

Comment

the manifold seems really sturdy, atleast mine does so im not going to worry about it. but why are you not boosting it when you put it in the car? ive always been told to drive the car how its going to be driven, which means boost
                              Considering its my first motor build, I want to first build the motor and make sure it doesn't have any serious issues, leaks or anything before adding the turbo. If I add the turbo from the beginning and the motor has an issue, the turbo will make the problem exponentially greater.

Really its just a "fail safe" on my end I'd hate for this thing to blow due to something dumb that I forgot or didn't do.

Comment

Considering its my first motor build, I want to first build the motor and make sure it doesn't have any serious issues, leaks or anything before adding the turbo. If I add the turbo from the beginning and the motor has an issue, the turbo will make the problem exponentially greater.

Really its just a "fail safe" on my end I'd hate for this thing to blow due to something dumb that I forgot or didn't do.
                                actually it would probably be better for finding leaks and what not because you will likely have a bit more crankcase pressure and it will push the oil out the areas where it would leak when you add the turbo later. the build im doing is also my first one! so we in this together.
                                I would just do it all at once, but in the end it is your choice. Maybe ask your tuner what he thinks

Comment

Working...
                                X