Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

water pipe on a f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water pipe on a f22

there is a pipe that is connected to the water pump on the back of an f22 under the intake manifold. my friend's cb7 has water leaking from that pipe. its not a hose he says it seems to be a type of metal pipe. its seems it is rusted very badly. anyone know the name of this pipe, where can we obtain one and how it is installed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
    disrespect females, acquire currency.

Originally posted by Juice21 View Post
    there is a pipe that is connected to the water pump on the back of an f22 under the intake manifold. my friend's cb7 has water leaking from that pipe. its not a hose he says it seems to be a type of metal pipe. its seems it is rusted very badly. anyone know the name of this pipe, where can we obtain one and how it is installed. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It's the pipe that goes from the water pump to the thermostat housing. Number 12 in this picture (I used a 1992 4dr EX as the example, you would want to use whatever model you have. It's in the "Water Pump" section). Your best bet would probably be getting it from a local junkyard.

The best way to replace it would be to
    1. Drain the coolant
    2. Remove the thermostat housing
    3. Remove the hose that goes to the heater core, and the oil cooler hoses (if you have them)
    4. Remove the bolt that holds the pipe to the block
    5. You should be able to pull the old one out of the water pump housing.

Put the new O-rings on the ends of the new pipe, insert it into the hole, make sure you get it in tight enough so the O-ring will seal. Then put the bolt back in, put all the hoses back on, and then put the thermostat housing back on. It is very important to replace the O-rings on either side, and you would probably want to replace the hoses that go to the oil cooler (if you have the cooler), as well as the hose that goes to the heater core (on the water pump side of the pipe). Those hoses have a bad habit of leaking once they are disturbed, and it's such a bitch to get to them you ought to do it all at once.

If it's been a while, or you don't know if it's ever been replaced, you should replace the thermostat. It's less than $20 (I think the last one I got was $12), and you have to take all that apart anyways. Be careful of all the hoses, if they look old then you should replace them. Be sure to have another car available, cause if you crack the old hoses you won't be able to drive the car.
    Last edited by benji; 01-28-2010, 03:59 AM. Reason: formatting, expanded info
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

and don't forget to use some Hondabond on there to seal it all up once you put all the new stuff back together

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

thnx for all the info guys ill be going to a junkyard to day to try and pull one. n ill make sure i get the honda bond

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
        disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

???

yeah iam having the same problem ima try to see wat can i do for this.

Comment

Needed this thread, found it helpful. Bump.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
            - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Please do not bump 5 year old threads. Now people that actually need help get their threads bumped to the bottom, and I guarantee the next reply will be to the original 2010 post.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Please do not bump 5 year old threads. Now people that actually need help get their threads bumped to the bottom, and I guarantee the next reply will be to the original 2010 post.
                Yeah, I was like Juice21 is asking about a water pipe? Then I looked at the date of the thread.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                X