• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    It's still there
    I can't play it either

Comment

Hmm here is a direct link
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGfnohmzx8

I plan to work on the car tomorrow and see what's bringing on the cel. I am not going to start doing the heart transplant until I get back from Japan in May so stand by for that.
      Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-13-2018, 11:54 AM.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Ok so I worked on the car today and got the CEL to come on, it threw 2 codes one is 12 exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and the other is 36 which from my research is the JDM traction control. I know how to fix the EGR CEL but the traction control one I have no idea. Thoughts?

Also I found the barcode for the tranny and as I expected its MP0A, which is the stock 96 accord tranny so this may explain why the shift point is at 5500-5800 and I hit a rev limiter at 500 if I run 2nd gear.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Very Nice ride man

I am intrested in how that manual rack conversion works and how do you enjoy the results?
          a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
          out with the old and in with the new

Comment

hmm mp0a is 5th gen gearbox? i always thought it was the h22a gearbox non lsd. oh well my coupes long gone anyways
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
              I am intrested in how that manual rack conversion works and how do you enjoy the results?
              Well I haven't had the luxury of driving it yet. But I have had no p/s for a while and just moving the car in and out of the garage and having to steer it. I can feel a difference than just simply disconnecting the hoses. When I get the car running in may I can give you a better update.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
              hmm mp0a is 5th gen gearbox? i always thought it was the h22a gearbox non lsd. oh well my coupes long gone anyways
              Yep at least from my google search and the shifting points of the tranny. It shifts at 5500-5800 religiously.

And i must say I miss your coupe
              ~Nick~

Comment

sometimes i miss it too. i learned alot from it. did a pull against a f22b blew its doors off with the a6 still have the 4dr tho drive it every so often
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Hmm here is a direct link
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGfnohmzx8

I plan to work on the car tomorrow and see what's bringing on the cel. I am not going to start doing the heart transplant until I get back from Japan in May so stand by for that.
                  That link works! Sounds good!
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Not a car update but after owning the car for 12 years I finally decided to buy one of these. More specifically because I plan to rebuild the transmission in the near future. When May comes around I'll be pulling the H22a from the 5th gen, changing out all the gaskets and then swapping it into the cb7 until I finish piecing the rest of the turbo set up.
                    Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-30-2017, 01:01 AM.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

So I am acquiring parts for the H22a swap today I received my radiator hoses, and heater core hose, which thanks to the link to the closeout prices on rockauto only cost me 10 dollars shipped to my door:

I also received the complete head gasket set from rockauto as well. I didn't go OEM to one save money and two this is only a temp motor that I will either sell once the turbo kit is pieced together or build it on the side. Getting excited to finally start making progress on having my cb move under its own power.

Not exciting pics or progress. But it is progress.
                      Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-30-2017, 01:00 AM.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Worked on the car today started with this:

Finished with this:

Everything from the top end is disconnected, just need to jack the car up and disconnect everything from the underneath the car and get the axles out. Next time I work on it I should finish with everything disconnected except the two side motor mounts. I am also thinking about sending the valve cover off to get powder coated.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-30-2017, 12:58 AM.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Finally have some time to update the thread:
                          I went to the dealership today and purchased Hondabond and the rear main seal:

And this was delivered as well, can anyone guess what it is?

If you guessed a T2W4 transmission from HMO you would be correct:

So after receiving the transmission, I decided that night to go ahead and pull the H22a and get Ruby aka POS CD5 out of my garage and to the junkyard.

And its out:

Then a couple days later I started replacing all the gaskets in the cylinder head minus the headgasket. I also decided to clean out the EGR ports to get rid of the CEL. Though I am planning on purchasing hondata s300 and that will allow me to get rid of that system completely

In case you guys run into trouble like I did tracking down the part number for the EGR plugs here it is: 17199-PT3-AHM

Then in the mail yesterday I received my Aerocatch hood locks:

I'm a little nervous cutting into my Carbon Fiber hood but these are a necessity. I wish the included a template in the packaging but I guess I'll have to make one myself.

I also received my new OEM Flywheel in the mail yesterday:

Then today I installed the intake manifold and fuel rail:

I still have to finish doing the engine wire harness and incorporate the EGR plug into the harness.

I then installed the new bosch fuel filter:

And finally drilled/tapped the T2W4 transmission to fit the ESP accord mount:

I am slowly making a list of all the items I still have to do. It will be interesting to see what all works since I have done some electrical work
                          Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-30-2017, 01:27 AM.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Great update!
                            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

To answer the question on about the plug, I believe that the plug you need info on is one of the water temp sensors, although I think it's the thermo
                              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

You will love that transmission! That's some solid work you're doing to the car. My Aerocatch pins came with a template so I'm surprised yours didn't. I actually still have them by the way. Maybe I can work out mailing it to you or something. The one thing that steered me away, no pun intended, from the manual rack conversion was the slop in the steering. Did you find a way to remedy that with yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X