Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tilted Double Din Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilted Double Din Radio

having apple car play on my car, I can’t see myself ever using another radio without it.

what’s the best way to tilt up the radio? I want to do a double din but if I remember correctly from my old cb7, the radio is pretty low and the double din’s screen position would be wack down there.

I’ve seen some radios with a tilted screen but only those android radios all over eBay. Also, any reviews or feedback on those? Thanks

The best way to get rid of the headunit issue is probably a single-din headunit with a flip up display. That would bring the touchscreen up a few inches, it would sit in front of the cabin air buttons though. Headunits that are tilted up aren't double din in most cases and you would probably need to modify the bezels of the radio oder the radio slot to make it fit properly. There are also Bluetooth buttons that you can pair with your radio you can stick on your steering wheel or somewhere in reach for the important things like skipping, volume and more. In the end, the car wasn't made with big double din touchscreen radios in mind and without a lot of trouble, tilting a double din sized radio up isn't that easy.

Comment

It would take a lot (like a LOT) more work, but you could swap positions of your head unit and climate control unit.

Alternately, you could try to fabricate a bracket and surround to angle it up, but that would probably end up looking weird and would possibly impact the sheetmetal center tunnel, depending on how deep your head unit is.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I appreciate both of y'alls replies. I saw this on eBay and would consider buying it after finding out it's like just an app download on an android radio to get apple CarPlay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7inch-Andro...gAAOSw0hlZMRmX

hopefully this helps with others looking to "tilt" up the radio ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

let us know if the headunit is any good for its price. most are based on a simple of-the-shelf radio soc and lack some basic features like a subwoofer out that can be tinkered with. other than that its basically a nice hybrid between flip-up displays and a double-din unit - its definetely going onto my watchlist.

Comment

I have the fold out DIN and while it does tilt up, it eventually hits the dash buttons and will not tilt up any further. i'd say it's a 5deg. angle tops.

Comment

it would probably still be easier to use than a normally built in double-din radio. sadly, our cb's were never designed to utilze a touchscreen radio. the tilt-up double din from rmeza91 is probably the best way to get around this issue.

Comment

In all honesty I had the double din pioneer tilting head unit in my accord for about 4 days and realized It wasn't practical I couldn't justify spending 600+ on a radio I couldn't get all of the functionality with.

I ended up returning it and went with a really nice single din from Kenwood it has 3 pre outs RCAs which most headhunts don't have.

Heres a link to the one I bought:
                https://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/receiver/kdc-bt368u/

It connects to your phone extremely quick and is super crisp and clear.

I don't know for sure if there would be enough room but you could open up your options to a single din radio that flips down instead of up.

I really hope you find something that works because I seriously always wanted to watch movies in my clapped accord rolling down the road.

Good Luck G!

Comment

Working...
                X