Tucking WS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tucking WS2

Is the best way to tuck the WS2 to bring it to a muffler shop and have them cut and reweld the hangers?

The lowest part of my exhaust is where the axle back meets the piping for the giant resonator.

I don't think new rubbery things would do anything.

They have shorter rubber things.
    But I too would like to know.

steve

Comment

I had a similar issue. Plus I had a problem with that section not sitting in the exhaust channel, just to the passenger side.

Shorter rubber hangers should help. I used bailing wire to get it in the correct position. Lots of it.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

thats exactly where mine scrapes everytime i go up the driveway, right after the resonator, before the bend.

I tried attaching hose clamps to the center two rubber hangers to bring it up but then it resonated through the tunnel of the car and got annoying right at 2200rpm so I took it back off.

The problem seems to be it angles down right after the resonator, I even tried twisting the pipe on the flanges to see if I could twist it up and no luck.

So I just gave up and live with it, sucks that Apexi didn't do their HW in the fitment dept.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Have a muffler shop cut off the hangers and weld on new ones in a lower position. If you do this with the whole exhaust system it will bring it up closer to the body.
          MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

The rear side of my resonator hangs a few inches too low. With as low as I am I have to be careful on crowned roads. I just took a massive metal hose clamp and rubber strip and pulled the pipe up wrapping around the pipe and heat shield just after the bend after the resonator. All other positioning is perfect. The heat shield is super sturdy too. No problem.
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
              Have a muffler shop cut off the hangers and weld on new ones in a lower position. If you do this with the whole exhaust system it will bring it up closer to the body.
              Is that what you did?

Comment

My OBX WS2 on a generic stainless catback fits perfect.

I can see where someone lowered might have a problem since the muffler is so big though.

I used these Cusco exhaust hangers to tuck my exhaust system a little: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cusco-Rubber...31a1b4&vxp=mtr

The muffler is pretty big and I didnt want to drag it.

It takes 5 of them IIRC. The do hold the exhaust system up a little higher. Maybe about 1/2". Not so much to where the muffler tip hits the bumper.
                Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

The muffler isn't the problem for me. Um impractically low and I have plenty of room. The system just wasn't designed right and the piping behind the cat hangs super low.
                  '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
                  X