My suspension/brake/wheel upgrade with 5-lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jarrett,
    Since you did all this from a stock car and all at once, I would like to hear your thoughts on these three things:
    1 Braking
    2 Handling
    3 Ride
    From everything I have read from your posts I would like to hear (or read lol) your thoughts on this setup. Thanks for sharing this.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

I can under stand what's going with front setup, but having wider track in the rear only doesn't seem like it will help the car handle any better. If you are going to widen the track you would want to do it in the front. Most fwd track cars use wider wheels in the front with lower off set.
      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

I didn't say it was ideal but wider, to a point, anywhere can have benefits. But yes, if I cared enough I could compensate on the front as well. If I were keeping this setup I would just go with higher offset wheels in the back to move the contact patch closer.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

E-brake cable and brake lines

I have a 92 dx sedan and i picked up the tl 3.2 rear knuckles. Would i want to use the brake line and e-brake cable off the tl as well or would i grab them off a cb7 that already has rear disc brake?

Comment

You would not want to use used brake lines at all. Buy new brake lines from Honda or a parts store or take this opportunity to upgrade to stainless steel.

The parking brakes should work identically. Most of the components use the same part numbers for the Accord. However the cable themselves are different numbers. This may be an issue of length or it may be pure coincidence as they could be identical. To play it safe I would just get the e-brake cables from an Accord with rear discs.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks, I just spoke with my friend and I will spend the extra money to upgrade the hoses, might as well do it the right way. I will be going to the junkyard when I get the time this week and I'll let you know how the e-brake cable works.

update:
              Sorry, I have been busy, but the e-brake cable worked fine. I got my 5lug conversion done and I used your method and i really like how it turned out. Very minimal adjustments and quick to do I am very pleased with it.
              Last edited by 92cb7pnw; 05-27-2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

So after reading this thread i'm slightly confused as to which rotors i can use with my Legend dual piston calipers..
                '99-'04 Acura RL 11.8" rotors CANNOT be used without the same vehicles caliper brackets (same as '99-'03 TL and '01-'03 CL)??

8 Accords so far:
                '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

An upside to the widened rear track is now you can use rears from the S2K no problem. Interesting setup.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                    So after reading this thread i'm slightly confused as to which rotors i can use with my Legend dual piston calipers..
                    '99-'04 Acura RL 11.8" rotors CANNOT be used without the same vehicles caliper brackets (same as '99-'03 TL and '01-'03 CL)??
                    That's correct. This is an 11.8" rotor so you need the caliper bracket made to extend the positioning of that caliper just slightly further away from the hub.

Comment

Working...
                    X