Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2012 Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good I like the rear of the car, but for sure I perfer the SI Sedans.

Comment

@ h22sparkle: every thread u post in is basically bashing hondas. yes, they are not fast, but they corner REALLY well and are damn reliable. if u dont like hondas, why are you still here?

Originally posted by scudweiser
      i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
        Its looks good to me.. I like it
        I like the coupe better than the sedan
        They look so similar that i don't really care which one it is. I think they look cool. People can compare the looks to other vehicles in the same class manufactured by other brands, but i think it still looks distinct. Not as good lookin' as Si models of the past, but i think the direction that Honda is taking isn't a bad one. The Si will continue to evolve. Those who abandon it now may regret it later when a really kick-ass Si comes out that stomps all its competitors. Stay true Honda Fans. It'll pay off in the end, im sure.

Improvements can and will be made, but i'll leave that up to the pros at Honda.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
          @ h22sparkle: every thread u post in is basically bashing hondas. yes, they are not fast, but they corner REALLY well and are damn reliable. if u dont like hondas, why are you still here?
          Im not bashing them im just putting it out there not to believe the hype. Yes I know hondas are reliable but it is just a car really to justify things honestly no car is seriously reliable. You can beat on a car literally until you run it into the ground or not at one point you will have to fix it.

So the reliability factor is out the window especially when you bring the age of a car into that factor. Corner really well if you put money into it you want serious cornering you can literally invest money just about into any car on suspension parts alone and itll corner better.

Except the fact that you have already invested into it when you already pay for the car but to a certain degree every car has its limitations. Its not that I dont like hondas I could really care less and I pop in every once in awhile to check up on things if you dont like it its a forum you post your opinion on things mentioned in the topic if you dont like it sorry man im going to post anyway get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
            But atleast the maxima you get your monies worth. For a k24 2.4 it had better have atleast 200 whp. the new si should be almost 25 k after taxes and all the fees that they tach up on there id say your being cheated. Sure its a newer car and all but still your being cheated.
            I wouldn't say cheated... you're not exactly paying $30,000 for an underpowered car. You're paying a reasonable price for what you get.

VW offers 220hp from a turbocharged, direct injection engine... and the Civic Si can keep up with it quite easily. I'm more impressed by a 200hp 4 cylinder with no turbo, than I am a 220hp turbo motor...

The Si isn't really marketed toward performance enthusiasts. Not like the Mazdaspeed3, WRX, Lancer Ralliart, etc... It's made to compete with the Sentra SER, Corolla S, and GTI/GLI. For the target market, it holds its ground pretty well.
            Saying a Civic Si is a bad car because it's slow is like saying Sean Connery is a bad actor because he can't rap.

Comment

I didn't think i would ever see the day a Civic would have a 2.4L engine in it...

Civic = Accord
              Accord = Legend
              TL = ?

You get my drift here...
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Every car is going to have its pros and cons...
                When shopping for a new car, you aren't going to find a car that is super powerful, super affordable, super practical, super reliable, with super cheap maintenance, and superior handling. It just won't happen. The Civic SI, however, offers a good balance of all of the mentioned above.

If you are in the market for a car that has the most horsepower out-of-the-box, then OBVIOUSLY you shouldn't be looking at a Civic... There are plenty of cars that are in the 300-600 hp range stock.

Now any argument bashing the Civic for lack of horsepower is completely invalid because the Civic is always at the top IN ITS PRICE RANGE.

Some people also forget about the cost of maintaining a car. This IS a deciding factor for others. Some people would rather drive a slightly slower car, but pay $70 for a brake job instead of $1000.

200hp and 170tq is PLENTY to have some fun while commuting to work/school. The Civic doesn't NEED to "keep up" with the bigger boys because it is not a damn drag car!
                If you have the need to prove to everyone that your car is fast as shit in a straight line, build a drag car and call it a day. No need to bash a stock Civic which is meant for something completely different.

All this being said, for people who don't leave their cars stock, the K24 has more than enough potential for the street... with its ability to be in the 300-350hp range in the hands of a tuner with average knowledge... while still being naturally aspirated. Not to mention what it does with a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                  Every car is going to have its pros and cons...
                  When shopping for a new car, you aren't going to find a car that is super powerful, super affordable, super practical, super reliable, with super cheap maintenance, and superior handling. It just won't happen. The Civic SI, however, offers a good balance of all of the mentioned above.

If you are in the market for a car that has the most horsepower out-of-the-box, then OBVIOUSLY you shouldn't be looking at a Civic... There are plenty of cars that are in the 300-600 hp range stock.

Now any argument bashing the Civic for lack of horsepower is completely invalid because the Civic is always at the top IN ITS PRICE RANGE.

Some people also forget about the cost of maintaining a car. This IS a deciding factor for others. Some people would rather drive a slightly slower car, but pay $70 for a brake job instead of $1000.

200hp and 170tq is PLENTY to have some fun while commuting to work/school. The Civic doesn't NEED to "keep up" with the bigger boys because it is not a damn drag car!
                  If you have the need to prove to everyone that your car is fast as shit in a straight line, build a drag car and call it a day. No need to bash a stock Civic which is meant for something completely different.

All this being said, for people who don't leave their cars stock, the K24 has more than enough potential for the street... with its ability to be in the 300-350hp range in the hands of a tuner with average knowledge... while still being naturally aspirated. Not to mention what it does with a turbo.
                  No rexload its not a need to prove how fast my car is in the straigh-line. Both my cars go into the corners quite well with balance to both in both speed and agility so anyway thats on you.

The civic does not keep up with the big boys is not my concern its that it does not keep up with the modern cars of today not most of them. I mean even the new camary can beat up on it ive seen it happen hmm lets see that cars not turbo. Lets not get into muscle cars the camaro beats on that car all day and that handles in a straight line and in the corners. The integra is dated too they should have came out with something else imho.

I mean they should have came out with something on the new civic like a solar roof-top or a solar roof lining whch provides power to the car when its power is off the grid something new you know. I find that most car companies sure they are into the business but if your going to charge for the corporation being in for the money atleast be into it and give the people their monies worth but with more shit that sets them apart from the rest. they have teh technology to do that now.

I think that the new civic for a 2.4 liter should have had 22lbs of torque out of the box being allmotor. Perfect example some of the civic that have k series motor people that have small builds without opening up the block perhaps honda should have taken some pointers from them but use quality parts to make them a bit more sufficient.
                  Last edited by h22sparkle; 09-06-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

No rexload its not a need to prove how fast my car is in the straigh-line. Both my cars go into the corners quite well with balance to both in both speed and agility so anyway thats on you.

The civic does not keep up with the big boys is not my concern its that it does not keep up with the modern cars of today not most of them. I mean even the new camary can beat up on it ive seen it happen hmm lets see that cars not turbo. Lets not get into muscle cars the camaro beats on that car all day and that handles in a straight line and in the corners. The integra is dated too they should have came out with something else imho.

I mean they should have came out with something on the new civic like a solar roof-top or a solar roof lining whch provides power to the car when its power is off the grid something new you know. I find that most car companies sure they are into the business but if your going to charge for the corporation being in for the money atleast be into it and give the people their monies worth but with more shit that sets them apart from the rest. they have teh technology to do that now.

I think that the new civic for a 2.4 liter should have had 22lbs of torque out of the box being allmotor. Perfect example some of the civic that have k series motor people that have small builds without opening up the block perhaps honda should have taken some pointers from them but use quality parts to make them a bit more sufficient.
                    Dude. Do you read what your about to post before you post it? i think you could benefit from that..and im just using this most recent post to make my point. Many others in this thread alone have atrocious grammar and punctuation.

Anyways...I think the civic Si does quite well in it's class. Why compare it to any of those other cars? It's like comparing it to a Zonda or a Bugatti. Really no sense in it. It's all personal preference, bro. If it fits a certain someones needs, that certain someone will be inclined to purchase it. Simple.

Can we get on with it now and accept it for what it is...The modern realization of economy, performance, reliability and comfort as seen by Honda MFG Inc.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                      Dude. Do you read what your about to post before you post it? i think you could benefit from that..and im just using this most recent post to make my point. Many others in this thread alone have atrocious grammar and punctuation.

Anyways...I think the civic Si does quite well in it's class. Why compare it to any of those other cars? It's like comparing it to a Zonda or a Bugatti. Really no sense in it. It's all personal preference, bro. If it fits a certain someones needs, that certain someone will be inclined to purchase it. Simple.

Can we get on with it now and accept it for what it is...The modern realization of economy, performance, reliability and comfort as seen by Honda MFG Inc.
                      Aside from its so-called reliability lets forget about grammer for the least bit its a post who cares people make mistakes so what its what makes us human not machines. No comparing this car to modern cars of today not supercars lets get it right.

I agree on the purchase part but what about other little trinkets the technology advancements that each corporation should have over the competition. Aside from good gas what about energy behind that good gas like solar energy? You dont see that many good cars.

Comment

Aside from its so-called reliability lets forget about grammer for the least bit its a post who cares people make mistakes so what its what makes us human not machines. No comparing this car to modern cars of today not supercars lets get it right.

I agree on the purchase part but what about other little trinkets the technology advancements that each corporation should have over the competition. Aside from good gas what about energy behind that good gas like solar energy? You dont see that many good cars.
                        Uh..what? Most of this is wrong, doesn't apply here or has its context jumbled up.

The Zonda and Bugatti are modern cars. Just like the Camaro is modern but in a totally different class. You get my point now?

I don't want to get into a pissing match, so i'll leave it here with this...

The Civic Si is one of many cars on the market. Take it or leave it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                          Uh..what? Most of this is wrong, doesn't apply here or has its context jumbled up.

The Zonda and Bugatti are modern cars. Just like the Camaro is modern but in a totally different class. You get my point now?

I don't want to get into a pissing match, so i'll leave it here with this...

The Civic Si is one of many cars on the market. Take it or leave it.
                          No I dont get your point. Yes these are modern cars but they are old. The new civic has newer technology than these cars shouldn't there be some kind of extra advancement to a car of 2011 and 2012 is what im saying.

Modern street cars compared to modern day super cars is a totally different things especially since you dont see super cars like that of a Zonda and Bugatti every day on the other hand a Camaro is more seen than anything and im talking over a Civic,Chargers and Challengers too.

Fuck a pissing match lets get down to business. I feel that there should be more technology to most of these cars that they throw hype in about they should go in there and give the peopel what they want and thats more for their money. Gas mileage does not do it for me or anyone else I bet here who is supposedly saving gas id like to see some solar powered technology in there too that would be a plus.

Comment

Sure Honda could develop solar technology and build a roof out of it. It would likely increase the cost of the Civic by $5k and they'd lose over half their market. This solar tech. would also add weight to the Civic and it'd lose some of its handling characteristics (weight at the TOP of the car btw).

Sparkle, can you give us an example of a 2011-2012 car that has new technology that no other car has which gives the company a competitive edge over all competition? Tell us where you are coming from with this and maybe you will get more respect.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                              You beat on the car during the PDI?

I feel bad for the new owner.

I am still a fan of Honda overall, but there are now much better choices for the money.
                              Agreed. I don't like the direction Honda is heading nowadays, especially with no sports car on sale and nothing in the pipeline. The Accord V6 is NOT and will NOT ever be a replacement for the Prelude, so please don't use that argument. If I was in the market for a brand new car, I'd take a look at the Ford Fusion or Focus RS, something from Subaru, a used Lexus IS or Hyundia.

I have no idea who designs their cars now, but these people need to get a clue about both looks and mechanical aspects, especially on the appearance end of Acura. Quality and reliability problems have become more common than they used too in the past and the overall feel of their cars is cheaper. It's amost as if Honda slowly migrated away from their core values that gave them the notority they enjoy today, and that's a problem that begins at the top level of management. If Mr. Soichiro Honda was alive today, I believe he would have a serious concern with where the company is heading.

However, this is all my opinion based on observations and research I've done over the years and I frankly don't care if you disagree. Just don't get caught in the "Honda hype" thinking their cars are the be all, end all, because in todays time, they really aren't anymore.
                              Last edited by s2cmpugh; 09-07-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Show me a reliable mass-market naturally-aspirated 4 cylinder in a car that offers decent comfort, handling, and looks (yes, that one is subjective...) for $23,000. I can't think of any other.

I don't like Civics. I will never own a Civic Si. However, it does exactly what it's mean to do. It's not meant to compete with the "big boys". You're comparing apples to oranges, sparkle.

The Civic Si competes directly with the Sentra SE-R Spec V (the closest thing... making 200hp from a 2.5L) and the Corolla XRX (with 162hp I believe...)
                                It's not even trying to compete with the turbo cars on the market.

There's nothing wrong with the Si for what it is. It accomplishes exactly what it was built for.

Comment

Working...
                                X