Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wire tuck and shaving my motor bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire tuck and shaving my motor bay

here some pics of my car getting wire tucked.my boyfriend has Ben working on it for 3 days now and heres where he is at as of 30 mins ago his friend didn't help him so hes on his own kinda sucks he could use the help but he know what hes doing and just going to take longer now . but here are the pics he put the wires through the frame rail and moved my fuse box to where my jack went and the wire to move my battery to the trunk .hope you guys like pulling the motor tomorrow and welding up all the holes.

Best of luck.

Wire tucks prove challenging. I would be a little worried about electrical taped connections in a wire tuck.

Solder/heat shrink is the ONLY way to do it RIGHT.

Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Good luck hopefully it comes out ok. Reminds me of when I did mine.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Good Job!

I agree with Toycar, that soldering is best- especially when extending wires for the fuse box all the way to the trunk.
        I would also suggest wrapping the wires in electrical with heat shrink to keep them from getting wet/corroding- hunting wiring shorts is a HUGE PITA.
        Nice to see another chick with a tuck.
        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

nice can he come do mine lol cool idea on where to mount the fuse box

Comment

These are amazing to work with and are the most reliable way i have found to join wires:

They are solder-shrink connectors. You slide it over a join where you have wrapped the two connecting pieces of wire around each other (like two hooks then twisted), and heat it up with a heat gun. The solder in the middle melts, the outer shell shrinks, and the colored plastic glues to the wire, adding a mechanical bond to relieve stress on the joint.

As for your tuck, it looks pretty good! I've never seen anyone put the fusebox in the trunk, seems like a good spot for it if you don't mind extending all of those wires. If I were you though, I'd put some kind of protection over the metal in the hole behind the fender, it looks a bit jagged and I'd be worried about cutting or grounding out the wires. Just some split-loom would work wonders.
            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Nice. I hope you're using thick enough wires and good enough connections. It would suck to open everything again to get to "that one bad connection" somewhere. I'm sure you and/or your bf know what you're doing though, so keep up the good work..

Btw steelbluesleepR, that looks way too easy compared to getting shrink wraps separately and soldering the wire properly with an iron. In Abiko/crimp-terminals and old school soldering we (or I) trust.
              MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197342

Comment

that's what he is doing soldering them together heat shrinking them then raping electrical tape around that hes really good with this kind of stuff.ill post more pics soon and keep you guy updated.

Comment

hope you are using some good electrical tape. Super 77 made by 3m can take the heat and stand the time. Dont use the bargin stuff or anything under 3 dollars.

Oh and soldering is only as good as someone who knows how to solder LOL.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

are you painting the engine bay as well or are you just going to clean it up?

CALI LIFE STYLE
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

yes i will be painting it it will be the same color as my pink hood my boyfriend is grinding all the welds down right now and going to start puting in the bondo should be done soon also painting my motor and tranny silver

Comment

The way the passsenger wiring boot is sliced and wires routed upward is a runway for water. Always route wires downward first and then loop back upward to prevent filling the car with water.
                        Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

ya he did not think of that at that time he was in a hurry but he told me that he was going to put some stuff around the wires and where he cut it at so no moisture or water gets in.i forget what it is called i think it was like silicone or something of that sort. but it will turn out nice ill have more pics up tomorrow after it gets all welded up all the way and shaved. more to come soon

Comment

Good stuff! Hope to see this thing in person!

8 Accords so far:
                            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

don't worry you will my boyfriend has ben looking forward to going to this meet an seeing all of your cars he really likes your bismoto header every sints he saw it he has ben wanting one.but hes ben staying up till midnight just working on it every day non stop to get it done for me and you all to see let me know the day and time tho of the meet

Comment

Working...
                              X