Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Main relay for my 90 accord lx... Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main relay for my 90 accord lx... Help!!!!

Can somebody help me... I have spark and I think I don't have fuel... It starts sometimes and sometimes it just cranks for a long time... My question is that, I went to the Autoparts store to ask them for a main relay and they told me that their is 3 different types of relay.... Can any body help n poin me out the right relay if can. Thanks

In the Accord's there is only one relay that controls the fuel pump and fuel injectors, which IS the "Main Relay". Its not a general-purpose relay, its quite vehicle specific, so chances are the parts store wont have it in stock, but should be able to look it up and order it for you. But it is called a "Main Relay" and your car only has one of these, along with several other "general-purpose" relays (for A/C, headlights, ABS, etc.).

If your local parts store cant get it for you (or even look it up... ), then you can always just go to a honda dealership, find one online, or remove your main relay and fix the solder joints that always fail on them, I'm sure there's a DIY somewhere on this fine site

On a second note you said "It starts sometimes and sometimes it just cranks for a long time... ". If a main relay is going bad, its usually not going to let the engine start while your cranking if its acting up. Normally you can just flip the key back and forth untill you hear the fuel pump kick in once the relay cools down, and then start it up. So are you saying that occasionally WHILE your cranking, it just takes a long time but will eventually start? Or, does it take a few individual tries of cranking before it starts?

Im just trying to make sure you are infact having a main-relay problem, and not some other fuel / sensor / or starting issue.
    ON_N20
    Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

I fought with a bad main efi relay for a few years. Cold weather it was fine. Hot weather with the windows up it would crank, pop once and then just crank. sometimes cycling the swith would help. other times just waiting a min or two. Finally got sick of it and got one from napa. On mine what I did was unhook the relay from the dash and just let it hang from the wires. Ran it like that for a few days and when ever it would act up just tapping it would get it to start. Pretty easy way to tell if thats the problem.

Nick

Comment

do yourself a favor. never visit the stores that i cannot mention by name, that you have previously visited.
        they are the automotive equivalent of toy stores.

NAPA part numbers:

ECH AR727
        or
        ATM 1492901

youre welcome.....

mine acts up once or twice a week. i just give it a smack or two while cranking the engine and she fires right up.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Or, save yourself the cash, watch this video and fix it yourself. It's really easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIZ8k60awY

Comment

Originally posted by 415cb7 View Post
            Or, save yourself the cash, watch this video and fix it yourself. It's really easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIZ8k60awY
            easy to do.

but if you suck at/unsure at soldering, see my last post.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=main+relay

btw, I brought mine for Napa Auto Parts.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

never mind i see the diy haha

Comment

re-soldering isnt a permenant fix. hot weather came back and im having problems again too. go buy a new one. maybe drill a few holes in the case just to be sure it breathes...

Comment

tru but if your broke at the time... next best thing IMO

Comment

Originally posted by PassnThru View Post
                      tru but if your broke at the time... next best thing IMO
                      agreed... not a cheep relay

Comment

If you re-solder it properly, it will be as good as new, as long as it wasn't actually damaged.

I just go to the junkyard and pick up a few. It's a pain in the ass, but I just keep swapping out. It's worked so far.

Comment

Working...
                        X