Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help ASAP!!!!! Speedometer is it working!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help ASAP!!!!! Speedometer is it working!!!!

Ok so my speedometer was working before, but I had to swap out my h23a3 motor for a stock f22a1 motor due to fried piston rings... Long story short, changed speed sensor on the tranny, check wiring harness, only thing I didnt check was the chipped ecu. The ecu is a chipped p06 with data link and removable socket!!
    So I drove it for the past couple of days and it only revs till 4k. Likings like the damn thing is stuck on launch control. But when the check engine light goes on, then I can rev all the way to 6k... Please help!!! Maybe I need another map..

ok... so what is the problem.

the title states your speedo is working. Then you state in the post the car wont rev with out the CEL on...?

Try the stock ecu on the stock engine and see if that fixes rev problem...
    (if that's the question you were trying to ask)

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

The real question is that the speedometer don't doesnt work!!

Comment

The speed sensor has 2 parts to it. There is also the piece that bolts to the tranny as well. It is held to the tranny by a 10mm bolt. The bolt screws into a little arm that hold the entire piece to the tranny. If the little arm on that lower piece breaks (broke on me 2 momths ago) the mechanical part that fits in the tranny won't spin and The entire sensor will pop up and your speedo won't work and you will have to replace that part. (the part the actual sensor screws onto).

Hope that helps.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Put a PT3 or P12 in there. Not related to the speedo issue, but a P06 tuned for an H23 isn't going to run an F22 anywhere near right. Probably bogging the thing down with way too much fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
            Put a PT3 or P12 in there. Not related to the speedo issue, but a P06 tuned for an H23 isn't going to run an F22 anywhere near right. Probably bogging the thing down with way too much fuel.
            The reason why I'm using a p06 is because my car is boosted. If I change to stock ecu, than to much fuel will be shooting out to much. O'yeAh I changed my speed sensor to a brand new 1. So it can't be the sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by beyonddalimit View Post
              The reason why I'm using a p06 is because my car is boosted. If I change to stock ecu, than to much fuel will be shooting out to much. O'yeAh I changed my speed sensor to a brand new 1. So it can't be the sensor.

Look under the #39..... that is the speed sensor AND housing. Check to make sure that is IN the tranny and bolted down correctly. It is held in by 1 10mm bolt. That little arm breaks and the entire sensor and housing pops up. It pops up it is no longer connected to the gears in the tranny and it won't read your speed.

Have you looked at that? (only ask as you never said you did.)

OR did the little pin fall out that fits in the speed sensor? That could also make it not work.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

In the future, please make your thread titles descriptive. "Need help ASAP" does nothing to help the next person that has your problem find this thread, and all the useful information your fellow members have provided.

And yes, a brand new sensor can be bad. Or the wiring going to the cluster can be bad. Or the cluster itself could be bad. Or your installation could be incorrect. NEVER rule out a part just because it's new.

Comment

So you're running a boosted F22 on a p06 chipped for a boosted H22? This sounds like a way bigger issue than your speedo not working. Get it retuned before the F blows.

Comment

If the internals are stock, it'll blow soon enough anyway, just like that H23 did.

Honestly, I'd put the whole engine back to stock, fix the problem, and go from there. Having all that halfassed custom boosted stuff on there is only complicating things.

Comment

Working...
                    X