prelude trans swap with atts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prelude trans swap with atts?

has anyone perform a tranny swap with atts on it? i would like to know if its possible to do so because i found 1 for about $250.

there are differences in the block that wont allow it to work
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

For starters you're going to need the SH H22 block.
      You're also going to have to try and adapt the SH radiator.
      From there you're going to have to wire the ATTS.

And that is just for starters...

Comment

then i guess im just gonna forget about it... o'well.....

Comment

Has anyone ever PHYSICALLY try this or are these answers off speculation and what you've read. I also wouldnt mind doing this tranny swap as they are cheaper than M2B4s and I dont really care for the ATTS, I juss want the tranny alone. I guess it will take someone to risk 4-500 dollars to try this out.
          FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
          Pm meX
          I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
          H22A Swap
          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

You can find M2B4's for 500. The ATTS is a bulky and complicated system, plus you'll have to figure out how to adapt the electronics to work it.

If you don't care about having the ATTS working then why not just get a M2A4 or H23 trans? The ATTS trans doesn't have a limited slip diff.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Like everyone else said, the blocks are different. You can get (or make) adapter plates for it, but after the sensors set up to make it work properly (if it is possible to set it up)and all that, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. And running it without ATTS hooked up isn't brilliant, either, because of the extra weight of the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by JPsAccordSE View Post
                Like everyone else said, the blocks are different. You can get (or make) adapter plates for it, but after the sensors set up to make it work properly (if it is possible to set it up)and all that, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort. And running it without ATTS hooked up isn't brilliant, either, because of the extra weight of the unit.
                Exactly, whats the point of doing all the work to mount it in the car if you aren't going to use it.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Well from what I've read I've come to believe that its a limited slip unit as well, thats why, I though it was the same as the m2b4 but less in price, thats why I was askin about getting rid of the atts, because who needs it when you can get a LSD m2u4 (lsd ???) without atts for less than a m2b4 with lsd. By the way anywhere i look for a m2b4 the price is like 800, 7 and change the least now a days. Again I have no interest in ATTS.
                  Pm meX

MY WHIP
                  H22A Swap
                  I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

i also heard it wont work because of axle placement

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                    disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

I asked a seller on ebay and as I thought, the tranny is LSD. Actually its kind of obvious because why would a performance car from honda in the year 2000 come without an LSD, especially with a Type S badge on it.
                      Pm meX

MY WHIP
                      H22A Swap
                      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

there was a red cd5 coupe at AFM, that was converted to SH

i didnt really paid any attention to them, until i saw the location of the oil filter,
                        thats when the owner told me they just did ripped the whole prelude and swapped everything into the CD5, with working atts no CEL's the whole 9 yards
                        it was different, but i wouldnt go through all that trouble
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

i am shopping around and i found a 5sp prelude with original motor and tranny and it has the atts tranny? so i would or wouldn't be able to swap this with easy? or i can swap the motor and tranny and ditch the atts? any insight would be good since i am shopping around for an h22.

-LoS
                          " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Theres all sorts of wiring to do that makes this a ridiculous project. Theres also hub replacement if you dont have abs. I read up on it one day on preludepower and its just not worth the effort and added weight.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                            X