Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What the heck are these on the sides of my wall?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck are these on the sides of my wall?!?!

Hey guys,

So I have zero knowledge when it comes to stereos and sound systems. Give me a coolant problem or something for fabrication and I'd take that over sound systems. So when I bought this CB7 it came with a sound system already inside, buuuuuuuuuuuut I have no idea wth these things are on the sides. I know they don't work and look broken. Here's some pics:

Any info is greatly appreciated

These are "steppers" or a converter for tweeters. They allow the highs through only so the base doesn't blow the tweeters. There are many kinds, I use to have mine hanging around the car like this but now I hide them.

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay. Yeah. That makes sense. But from the looks of it, do they look broken?

Comment

So there use to be a cover on them. Looks like the glue came off and this is what ya got now

Comment

The correct term for those are crossovers. You need those to filter out lower frequencies from going to your tweeters, otherwise your tweeters will blow up (because they are designed to produce high frequencies, or "treble").

You do the same thing with woofers, but instead of filtering out low frequencies, you filter out treble, because woofers are only designed to produce mids and bass.

Hope that helps
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

So I assume the small speakers located towards the fronts of my doors are tweeters then In that situation, I think the tweeters are dead because I can't here much from the front of the car. Whereas from the back seats (which have two large KICKER speakers) I hear everything. It's just really awkward I guess haha

Comment

Originally posted by blind_peach View Post
              So I assume the small speakers located towards the fronts of my doors are tweeters then In that situation, I think the tweeters are dead because I can't here much from the front of the car. Whereas from the back seats (which have two large KICKER speakers) I hear everything. It's just really awkward I guess haha
              Oh ya. If you have no other tweeters in the car then the tweeters were integrated into this unit and it looks like they got ripped off. I didn't think this because you still have all the speaker wire in the screws. Where does the speaker wire go?

Comment

The speaker wires in the back all go towards the trunk to the amp (I at least knew that. Not really, my friend told me haha). Also, the amp has a direct connecrion to the battery which I find weird

Comment

Originally posted by blind_peach View Post
                  The speaker wires in the back all go towards the trunk to the amp (I at least knew that. Not really, my friend told me haha). Also, the amp has a direct connecrion to the battery which I find weird
                  On the crossover there's one wire for power, one fro the tweeter and one goes to the amp.

Your amp connecting straight to the battery is normal especially if it's a large amp that draws a lot of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    On the crossover there's one wire for power, one fro the tweeter and one goes to the amp.

Your amp connecting straight to the battery is normal especially if it's a large amp that draws a lot of power.
                    Oh okay well then that explains why it's connected to the battery. The amp is as long as a spare tire and half as wide. I feel like my tweeters may have already blown because I don't hear many highs and the sound quality isn't the same as having headphones in

Comment

Working...
                    X