Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda of America badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda of America badges

Hello. I'm trying to get my cb7 back to looking sexy. Anyone know what the difference between the silver and gold Honda of America badges is? And I know there is a shift knob work the badge but is that only for 5 speed? Also I heard there is a key too but I can't find one for sale anywhere.

Originally posted by mcmannyc View Post
    Hello. I'm trying to get my cb7 back to looking sexy. Anyone know what the difference between the silver and gold Honda of America badges is? And I know there is a shift knob work the badge but is that only for 5 speed? Also I heard there is a key too but I can't find one for sale anywhere.
    I thought the gold and silver came on different vehicles and were different sizes but as I just saw you can get the silver in both small and large sizes. There is a shift knob (I own one) a key and also a steering wheel. I've also seen floor mats. The key blanks are getting rarer for sure, as is the steering wheel and the shift knobs. Ebay usually has some badges FS and occasionally a knob and or an already cut key.
    Last edited by Bunta; 08-22-2017, 11:02 PM. Reason: misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
      I thought the gold and silver came on different vehicles and were different sizes but as I just saw you can get the silver in both small and large sizes. There is a shift knob (I own one) a key and also a steering wheel. I've also seen floor mats. The key blanks are getting rarer for sure, as is the steering wheel and the shift knobs. Ebay usually has some badges FS and occasionally a knob and or an already cut key.
      I have a pair of silver ones. I am looking to get everything matching. Is yours a 5 speed or automatic? Mine is automatic. I saw the 5 speed knobs and keys on eBay. Is $150 too much for a key without the fob?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmannyc View Post
        I have a pair of silver ones. I am looking to get everything matching. Is yours a 5 speed or automatic? Mine is automatic. I saw the 5 speed knobs and keys on eBay. Is $150 too much for a key without the fob?
        Mine is a 5 peed, there is no auto selector that is "Honda of America" badged as far as I know. I've seen uncut blanks for cheaper although I can't verify the authenticity as they are colored (meaning the background behind the eagle and words). What is a FOB?

Comment

A FOB is something attached to a chain. It started off as a term used for pocket watches attached to chains.

So in the automotive world, it's your keyless remote. Usually the remote is attached to the keychain, hence the term.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            A FOB is something attached to a chain. It started off as a term used for pocket watches attached to chains.

So in the automotive world, it's your keyless remote. Usually the remote is attached to the keychain, hence the term.
            Gotcha

There are no FOBs attached to any CB7 keys that I know of, certainly none of the HOA key blanks I've ever seen. Only you can determine if $150 for a key is too much but I wouldn't spend that much on just an uncut key blank (I most certainly would for the steering wheel though).

Comment

Working...
            X