How to test ecu without test harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to test ecu without test harness

I am trying to do some tests on obd1 ecu. Like egr lift valve and map sensor. Things my computer doesn't sense any flow to. I don't have what my manual calls a test harness. Does anyone know how can this be done. Or even know how to test my egr lift sensor for proper voltage.

You don't need a test harness for simple measurements.
    You will need a multimeter and back probes.

If you don't have backprobes, then a simple solid wire can work. You will insert it into the back of the harness on the ECU side.

If that doesn't work, remove the bottom cover of the ECU and directly probe your desired pin's solder connection.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      You don't need a test harness for simple measurements.
      You will need a multimeter and back probes.

If you don't have backprobes, then a simple solid wire can work. You will insert it into the back of the harness on the ECU side.

If that doesn't work, remove the bottom cover of the ECU and directly probe your desired pin's solder connection.
      I've been checking that out and pulled up the ecu. Not sure the best way to pull the ecu wires up to give me more room. I don't want to ruin anything. I see those two plastic brackets holding it down i assume i should pull out to get me more slack on the wires.

Comment

Yes, you can remove those little plastic retainers. I do recall it being a bit tight under there.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
        X