Zenki/Kouki CB7's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenki/Kouki CB7's

So technically CB7's can be classified as Zenki (90-91) and Kouki (92-93).

Maybe I'm really late to the game, but I found out today that basically zenki and kouki translate out to older/first and newer/later respectively.

Just thought I'd share.

Someone tried to get that to stick many years ago, but it didn't seem to work.
    It's common terminology among 240sx guys, and some RX7 guys.

Comment

It's probably the Nissan owner in me that got a kick out of it. Still, it makes perfect sense to use it when talking about what version you own.

Comment

I Still think of it like that haha
        1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
        For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

I thought those terms were strictly Nissan terms, I want to start using them but the sheer amount of ignorance in the tuner community is going to prevent me from doing so. I can just imagine being at a car meet and saying that and some asshat with say how I'm not driving a Nissan and that it's just a Cb7 and we have no zenki or kouki models. And of course the uneducated Nissan guys will have a problem, but the few that actually knows what it means, like yourself, wouldn't really care.

Comment

Nope. They're just most commonly used in the Nissan world. As Mike pointed out, they are just Japanese words indicating early or late models.
            I do wish the habit caught on. It's easier to type Zenki and Kouki than it is to type 90-91 and 92-93.

Comment

Well who's to say we can't really start that trend within our own community? I mean strictly on cb7tuner for now. It'll catch on if enough people use it. Like for me I have a Kouki coupe with a zenki front end...I like how that sounds

Comment

When I did a front end swap on my subaru, I noticed the foglights say Kouki on them. I thought it was a manufacturer like Stanley. I've heard the term ever since I used to play tokyo xtreme racer for dreamcast in the 90's, but never really knew what it meant.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if there IS a manufacturer that uses that name? Or if perhaps the companies know that they're going to have a mid-model refresh (it's pretty much expected these days)

Comment

Yea they always do a facelift halfway through the generation.
                    I've also seen the words zenki and Kouki on other parts as well. I think it just helps determine what year the parts fit. Just like you said, so they don't have to spell out the years,
                    on the parts.

Comment

I think I may just use the terms from now on, ignorant tuners be damned. That and now I can legitimately call it a kouki monster.

Comment

You sure your foglights didnt actually say "KOITO" on them? The company that is known to manufacture all types of lighting, including for Subaru? I doubt that manufacturers would ever write the actual zenki/kouki words to designate fitment - that's what chassis codes and part numbers are for.

Personally, I think the words seem too similar to remember them, and remember which is which. The designations "9091" and "9293" come with their exact meanings implied with nothing up to misinterpretation...
                        Last edited by cp[mike]; 02-27-2014, 02:45 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

People still have trouble keeping THAT straight! I've seen a number of Facebook posts asking for "91-92 parts".

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                            Personally, I think the words seem too similar to remember them, and remember which is which. The designations "9091" and "9293" come with their exact meanings implied with nothing up to misinterpretation...
                            The issue with 9091 9293 is that is only an insider term and only applies to our cars, Zenki Kouki apply to all cars. Though you are right that to English speakers, the words seem very similar. I almost typed "Kenkie".
                            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I think he just meant within our specific group. Though Japan got the CB in 89, and there's a newer member from Belgium that claims his car is a 94 (which would be a new one to me, but it's not entirely impossible.)

Comment

Working...
                              X