No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got that little strap for the lid. I think I’ll run the strap through the small screw down handles, that come with the strap kit, mount them to the wagon trunk plastic and that should hold everything in better as well.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
      ...I left the vent open.
      Showoff.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

So I got a chance in the last couple weeks to put together some custom lenses for my pfm’s. I removed the Acura TL heated lenses I had in before and built in some sequential turn arrows. On top is a pair of Genuine Spoon Sports blue mirror lenses. They are sold as Civic EK & DC Integra lenses but they work for CB Accords as well. They are supposedly a wide angle type of lens also. They are definitely sick.

Instructions aren’t much help unless you know Japanese.

Here’s one laid in the backing surround.

The backing surround with the sequential arrows built in.

I used the heated lens wiring that I had already installed and pinned into my mirror housings. They use two bullet connectors.

Lens put on and finished up. I used some butyl tape to stick the lens down.

Drivers side installed on the car. Notice the yellow “Spoon Sports” writing on this side vs. the blue writing in the passenger side.

Passenger side. The lenses aren’t cheap but the look is so nice.

I’ll test the sequential arrows tomorrow. I didn’t know this until I did a bench test but they don’t show well in the day time. The Spoon lenses just aren’t made for leds behind them. They should show way better at night though. We’ll see....

Stay tuned.

~Mark~

Comment

siiiick
          COUPE K24

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BLA68n1Eo

Cool to see it all together

Gotta say I'm with you on the G-Square grille. I don't get the appeal; they look like a lazy retrofit job when installed, with the way they stick out and overlap. I'd just modify the OEM grille (as on my old sedan in my sig), or get the mesh "Type R style" one off eBay.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-05-2019, 01:07 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Pretty awesome coverage you got there Mark. Like cyborg stated, nice to see all your mods come together and work.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Lol thanks gentlemen. That happened like a half hour after I pulled up. There was less that 10 CB Accords at the show. Out of about 800 Honda cars. The new NSX was there. Talk about a sick super car.
                So I guess my new car designation is the SR for “super rare”. Though I would more humbly classify my car as unique and not rare.

~Mark~

Comment

This is the grill I want to build. Or something similar. A 92-93 grill with the 90-91 H in the center and that old school small mesh behind it. That small mesh isn’t cheap either.

In other news: ITS OFFICIALLY ON!!
                  Just got this today. It’s beautiful and has its pigtails. I’m going digital folks.

~Mark~

Comment

Ya.. JDM digital climate control with pigtails in that condition is impossible to find these days. Even the japan wagon I imported didn't have one in that condition.

Comment

Love the progress. The rear pop out of the CB coupe windows are the one thing I'm genuinely jealous of being a die hard 5th Gen coupe guy. Pretty awesome you figured out how to motorize them properly.

Also, digital climate control. That's a goal for me on my CD7 too. I luckily found the one guy who successfully did the CL digital swap on his CD and had it fully functioning, and even made a detailed write up. That's the next big step after my motor swap. Luckily for me stuff decently available at the yards.

Can't wait to see what's next!

Comment

Well folks I got some new stuff to show off.
                        First up, the battery to trunk conversion is done. It’s fantastic. I sunk the box into wagon trunk floor by cutting a square opening for it to sit in. I added a shut off switch as well as a 180 amp breaker. This is an early pic.

This is it pretty much done. I did make notches for the power and ground to come up from the floor instead of wrapping around on the floor like the pic shows.

Next up is a pair of curved fog lights I scored. They look way better and fit the contours of the bumper very well.

I also went to multiple paps to gather almost all of the sensors for the digital climate control. The CL mix motor is the correct motor to use. It has the correct amount of arm travel. I used the short arm from a civic mix motor to reach the arm used for the movement.

Scored a great H22a tranny last weekend also. An M2F4 from a real 4th gen vtec Prelude at pap. These cars don’t come around often at all. This is definitely a tough tranny to find.

I also pulled the speedo sensor from a CD Accord so I can eliminate the power steering hoses and ditch my power steering with components all together.

Another goody I came across is an Acura Vigor leather ebrake handle. First time I’ve ever seen a Vigor with a gray interior too. Most are black or tan.

Everything fitted to the Accord ebrake and mounted.

The end result. It matches well. I’m stoked on it.

I have more stuff to show but it’s getting late.

Stay tuned!

~Mark~

Comment

legit
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Ya, JDM fogs looks great vs US ones! Why does the battery have to breakers? Is one a circuit breaker and the other an on/off switch?

I do like the location of that battery vs where I have mine. I have the issue where can't really put anything in the trunk for the fear of it hitting the breakers and shutting off the power.

Comment

I haven’t given an update in a while. I’ve still been busy on the car making small improvements. I removed all of the abs and went to a non-abs setup using some very clean non-abs CB Accord lines, a 4040 prop valve and an RSX-S brake booster with its 7/8 master. The non-abs CB lines thread right into it at the same spots. It worked out very well and gave me a little bit better pedal feel. The booster is smaller in diameter so it fits in easy also.

I scored an Apex-i catback for a CB a couple weeks ago. It’s used but still works and sounds fantastic.

Here it is on the car. I think it hangs a tad bit too low. I’m going to bring it up like an inch. Peep the new Cali. “Legacy” plates also.

Fixed the headlight issue I caused also. Now everything works beautifully again. Stay tuned for new even slicker one piece headlights (built by yours truly) to get installed soon.

Some of my latest scores are this damn near flawless CB9 roofrack. This rack is one of my favorite things about CB9’s. Love em.

Got some CB9 only rear arms. I also got the 92-93 only CB9 EX rear calipers with the larger pistons.

Last but not least. I think I found a direct swap solution to add a trunk pop for those of us with aftermarket keyless entry setups added to our cars. This is from an early 90’s Acura Vigor. It has the “pop” actuator on what looks to be the exact same trunk lock mech as the CB Accord. Looks like it will bolt up the same also. I’ll know for sure when this one gets delivered to me in a few days.

As always, stay tuned!
                              Last edited by NH-503P-3; 08-22-2019, 01:43 AM.

~Mark~

Comment

I’ve been working on a couple projects lately. One is the 92-93 EX wagon only rear brake calipers with the larger piston. I got them all painted in the same burnt copper color as my front RL calipers. Here they are all finished.

I also scored an original CB Accord dealership purchased car cover. Only used a couple times then sat in a garage for the next 26 years. My friend scored it from the original owner then I got it from him. It’s a really nice cover and of course fits the car well. I tucked in the mirror cover ears because my mirrors are folded in.

I’m almost done with some beautiful one piece headlights. I’ll show them off very soon.

Stay tuned!

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X