No announcement yet.

**official 2008 4-19 Spring Meet**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if we change where we go ( like not to St. Helens ) where would some ideas be? I do agree changing the date of the meet now would only complicate things and it would most likely end up with people either getting lost or not showing up.

With a good chance of snow I don't think anyone would want to risk damage to their beloved cars either (I know I don't) I remember it being pretty slick (on the way down from St. Helens) cause of rain that day also. ( I almost rear ended David )

Any suggestions? That place we were at in '06 was ok, it kept us dry and there was pretty good parking too.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

we had a shitty spachela and BBQ cover LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by slammedEX
        we had a shitty spachela and BBQ cover LOL.
        That was the "JDM" Spatula too!
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Comment

Seaside?
          93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by 92_EX_Ninja
            if there is snow in the pass i dunno if im gonna get across. im bringing chains but if the passes are bad im not gonna be able to come

The passes will be fine, you shouldn't have a problem getting across

IF St. Helens doesn't work out due to the weather there is that old naval base near astoria that would be kindof cool, right on the coast and all.

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

And the tip of Oregon, Fort Stevens State Park looks decent. A lot of parking...
              93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

fort stevens is awesome...those old naval bases are tight i've been to them once..good place for pictures for sure...can anybody get some more info about those places? im at work

Comment

Fort Stevens was the primary military defense installation in the three fort Harbor Defense System at the mouth of the Columbia River (Forts Canby and Columbia in Washington were the other two). The fort served for 84 years, beginning with the Civil War and closing at the end of World War II. Today, Fort Stevens has grown into a 3,700 acre park offering exploration of history, nature, and recreational opportunities.

And you can help fund historic programs and restoration at the park! The Friends of Old Fort Stevens will run Wood on Wheels this summer, selling and delivering firewood right to your site. Check it out when you arrive!

Camping, beachcombing, freshwater lake swimming, trails, wildlife viewing, anhistoric shipwreck and an historic military area make Fort Stevens a uniquely diversified park. A network of nine miles of bicycle trails and six miles of hiking trails allow you to explore the park through spruce and hemlock forests, wetlands, dunes, and shore pine.

Coffenbury Lake has two swimming areas, a picnic area, restrooms, and a boat ramp (10 mph boating speed limit). Two other smaller lakes offer boat ramps for fishing and canoeing.

Throughout the year, you can browse through displays dating back to the Civil War at the museum, visit the only enclosed Civil War earthworks site on the west coast, and explore the gun batteries.

During the summer, watch the blacksmiths work, tour a rare 90-year old underground gun battery that served as a World War II command center, and take a truck tour of the fortifications spanning the Spanish-American War and World War II.

Taken from:
                  http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_179.php

*Next time add the link*-
                  Last edited by Father Time; 04-17-2008, 04:35 PM.

Comment

10 Miles West of AStoria just off the 101.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=98...+Park%29&hl=en

Comment

^^^

you copy written son of a bitch! hahah, jk.
                      Looks like a cool spot to move the meet. Just hope its not raining...
                      I can see it now, everyone in their cars, radioing to eachother....
                      93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

I think it's going to come to a decision being made when we all meet up in astoria on saturday

Comment

Sounds like that might be better, then everyone who will be on this trek will be there and can give their input.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Comment

Thunderstorms forcasted for Astoria on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by tresexohcb
                              Thunderstorms forcasted for Astoria on Saturday
                              Oooooh, might be good for pictures though....
                              93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

lighting would be awesome for pictures. rain not so much.

lets just make it a weekend and drive down to norcal and meet up with those guys jk

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Working...
                                X