Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i guess im stil a noobie LOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess im stil a noobie LOL!!!

ok so ive ben talking about this 93 ex w/ auto trns for a while now and ive fixed a few things but the only left to do before i start droppin her and painting the wheels,etc is that my auto trans wont engage the fourth gear. its strange and also my reverse is out, it makes an ugly screeching noise so now i have to park at an incline wherever i go so i can neutral my way out lol. anyways, any feeback would be highly appreciated cuz my grl calls it a piece of s!@$, but she doesnt understand us guys. i appreciate the car for the fact it has ice cold a/c, the f22a6 w/ chop box intake(no muffler or exhaust system yet...), and 4 6/9s behind the seats right under the rear window. not to mention the kenwood deck we have for her, and most inportantly it still get us from point a to b. so again thnx in advance for any help given. have a GREAT day everyone!!!! i will try and get some pix up some time today, but now thnx for looking1 L8R
    Last edited by jdmtypecb7; 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM.

RIP to my SexyAuto

Dude your tranny is gone, rev and 4th gear? Auto or manual it wouldnt matter, time to pull the tranny. Pick up one at a junk yard for $250 or so and swap it out. You could try changing the tranny fluid and adding some Lucas but I doubt it would make any difference. I am not familiar with the auto tranny setups on these cars but you MIGHT get lucky and it be a linkage issue. Im just thinking out loud because its the 2 gears at each extreme, rev on one end, OD\4th on the other. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

Originally posted by Noridetoolow View Post
      Dude your tranny is gone, rev and 4th gear? Auto or manual it wouldnt matter, time to pull the tranny. Pick up one at a junk yard for $250 or so and swap it out. You could try changing the tranny fluid and adding some Lucas but I doubt it would make any difference. I am not familiar with the auto tranny setups on these cars but you MIGHT get lucky and it be a linkage issue. Im just thinking out loud because its the 2 gears at each extreme, rev on one end, OD\4th on the other. Perhaps someone else will chime in.
      thnx bro for your support and advice, i am definately going to grab me a bare trasmission(standard that is, and yes im converting to manual) and build the internernals from the ground up, clutch, flywheel, all the manual epuipment necessary for the swap. but ya if anyone else could chime in or give ur 2 cents, i need help! i love this car and i want to keep it be4 she decides she wants to sell, it, but technically its "OUR" car so, ya lolololol well see wht happens. once the tranny is taken care of, wether do it simply by just grabbing another auto trans, or going the more expensive route with the manual swap. ill probably go ahead and just get a new or junked auto tranny and rebuild it, i just want this thing slammed with some nice tone coming from the exhaust of the f22a6. thnx agaim, and please give any feedback if u can. thnx cb7 bretheren!!!!

RIP to my SexyAuto

Comment

Working...
      X