Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

alpine vs pioneer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
    You can turn that off.
    I would hope that he knows that...

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
      I would hope that he knows that...
      Hmm I assumed he was talking about how the display changes from a pos image to a neg image to try to make the display last longer... But I see now what he may of been saying lol.

Comment

I had a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP in my EK

And I loved it, never been a big fan of Alpine decks. They're good, I just didn't like the interface.
        Thinking about getting something similar (newer) for my Accord in the near future.
        2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
        1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
        1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
        1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
        1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
        1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
        1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

I love alpine. I miss my 9813 I had in my car. I found the interface easy but thats prob just me. Too bad they are eye catching theft items =(.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
            how is it mid-range? if pioneer is mid-range, please, tell me what high-end is?
            Alpine F1 Status, Eclipse, Denon, etc.

Pioneer has GREAT features for the price, but in the SQ world they are notorious for noise through the RCA outputs (from how their circuit boards are laid out, amp grounds out through the rca's and pops very small caps in the hu).

Alpine does cost more than Pioneer, but their higher end stuff is really nice, and better quality.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Eclipse. Amazing sound quality, up to 8V preouts (but no less than 5V), amazing sound controls (per speaker time alignment, high and low pass x-overs with variable slopes). The Eclipse CD7000, CD7100, and CD7200mkii (along with Alpine Imprint) can be tuned via proprietary microphones which measure white noise and then the data is loaded online and a tuning curve is calculated to put back into the hu.
            I don't own the CB7, but I'm down to learn anything and everything to help my brother out.

Comment

pioneer isn't mid-range, however, they have different products suited to different individuals from teenage street beaters to world class iasca champs.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                pioneer isn't mid-range, however, they have different products suited to different individuals from teenage street beaters to world class iasca champs.
                I am drooling over your DA7232 in your sig. Tell me you have it powering a set of Eclipse Titanium's, that's a match made in my heaven.
                I don't own the CB7, but I'm down to learn anything and everything to help my brother out.

Comment

lol I wish. It's going to eventually power a fi/3hp(titanium magnet) hybrid.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    lol I wish. It's going to eventually power a fi/3hp(titanium magnet) hybrid.
                    Hot. Man I LOVE quality audio.

Comment

ALPINE all day

Comment

pioneer b/c its cheaper

Comment

Working...
                        X