Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Has anyone Used ZMAX on there Honda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone Used ZMAX on there Honda?

Hey everyone Im just tossing out a random question.

Has anyone on CB7Tunners ever used ZMaxx on there CB7 or any other Honda and seen an improvement?

Im only asking because I did this on My 92 Chevy caprice and saw a real improvement in economy. ( I was super surprised to see results in this huge tank they call a car)

If you have any notice results this will help me deside wether to do this or not once I tally up the yesses and nos.

If no one has I guess I will be doing it anyways and being the test dummy and posting results.

Thank you all in advance.
    YES and noticed an improvement
    33.33%
    YES and noticed no improvement
    0.00%
    NO and I think its a waste of time and money
    6.67%
    NO but would like to know if it will be worth trying
    46.67%
    NO and would like for you to be the test dummy and post updates
    13.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Chris2388; 03-22-2011, 01:23 AM.
    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

There is no such thing as a magic potion that will increase engine performance. A quality motor oil and clean fuel injectors are all you need.

Comment

I dont mean it for a perfomance thing. I mean it as part of a normal tune up like an add on to the process. I was just wondering if its worth the extr 45 bucks.

I edited the OP I see where I made a mistake in my post.
      92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

i heard people actual use it when the topic came in.....it just the same as any fuel cleaners and injectors....better just put the cheaper ones instead of buying those...it's expensive......
        VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
        1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
        MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

When i was lazy and didnt want to do my il change, i used just the zMax oil additive.
          I noticed an improvement and noise (valves) got quieter and the engine rode smoother for a good 1,500 miles more.

In my honest opinion, Honda motors do not need any additives other than engine oil.
          I noticed the difference, but not worth $20+ tax just for the zMax oil additive, just to get 1,500 of smooth riding.

Just keep your vehicle maintained and dont bother wasting money on additives.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
            When i was lazy and didnt want to do my il change, i used just the zMax oil additive.
            I noticed an improvement and noise (valves) got quieter and the engine rode smoother for a good 1,500 miles more.

In my honest opinion, Honda motors do not need any additives other than engine oil.
            I noticed the difference, but not worth $20+ tax just for the zMax oil additive, just to get 1,500 of smooth riding.

Just keep your vehicle maintained and dont bother wasting money on additives.
            I agree, it helped the valve tick im my Honda as well. It does work fairly well, but the price tag is a bit high. It is "recommended" every 6,000 miles, so if your the type that does a oil change every 2.5k then it is not required. I would recommend it in a higher mileage engine though. But, it doe NOT increase horsepower and torque. That is just a myth.
            "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
            Check out the whip^

Comment

z maxx

I think it helps in maintaining good peak engine proformance but not increase the horse power, I use it and I like the response it has did for my car, in my own opinion it helps for good lubing on the valves and springs plus the oil pump and crank shaft lube also its good for that because when I fisrt used it I notice it made a differents in how my car ran and I still use it today, they could go down on the price because $45 is expensive for some extra lubing lube

Putting my 2 cents in alright, anybody have change for a half penny? Ok that didn't make cent.. WTF?

Comment

I used to use it every few months the engine felt a little smoother but the big thing was the fuel economy boost. I havent used it in a long time though.
                Freedom Is Not Free
                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

It is true there is no miricle cure in engines. I think WWW.bobistheoilguy.com did a study on zmax. The only thing i use is a ester based cleaner, auto rx. Some people dogg it and say its an additives but bobs site backed up with oil analysis confirmed it was good.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                  X