This is amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is amazing

Araabmuzik is a genius. I have never seen any producer that can do this live.

Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-14-2011, 05:27 AM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

like!

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I have been producing for 16 years and using mpc's for about 12 years and I am NOWHERE on that kind of level. That takes so much talent. He can make a whole beat in like 5 minutes without any sequencing program. His mind and fingers are like the sequencer

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

I only watched a little bit of the first video... but I don't get what is so hard about this?

IF you can play the drums even on a very basic level, you can drum on that thing. Plus his timing is very poor. I wouldn't say it requires any talent at all.

I can play the drums on a keyboard reasonably well to the point where it sounds like an actual drummer to an average person... and I'm a very lousy musician and HARDLY a drummer

This video inspired me to learn to drum on my keyboard. I am not quite as good as this guy but it just shows you how easy it is (most people probably don't think it is easy but it really is with some consistent practicing)

Last edited by rexload; 09-14-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

If you can keep good time then the keyboard and the MPC aren't that different. The biggest difference is changing the mapping of the MPC on the fly, whereas the keyboard is just static in terms of what keys do what.

Then again, there aren't very many instances where you are going to need more than 16 tracks to work with. Sure, you might have 3-4 loops mapped to the top but you still have 12 others to play around with in real time.

Both take a quick hand and years of practice to achieve that level of precision though.

Also, that guy's watch in the last video is ri-damn-diculous.
          Last edited by Tnwagn; 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

The second video is far more impressive than the first.

Sequencers are for making music, but they really aren't suited to live music creation. They're a recording tool. This guy has turned it into a live instrument with the way he plays it.

That keyboard drummer is badass too. Technically, if you think about it... a real drummer has 4 limbs with which to hit things. A keyboardist has 10 fingers. 2.5x the amount of extremities to be striking the "drums"... provided you can coordinate them properly.

Comment

Hmm he's moving quick, but tapping out a drum beat on keys isn't the most impressive to me.

This one really stuck out, to me at least, its some 17year old named Madeon sequencing 39 track samples together on the fly.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                Hmm he's moving quick, but tapping out a drum beat on keys isn't the most impressive to me.

This one really stuck out, to me at least, its some 17year old named Madeon sequencing 39 track samples together on the fly.

Yep........that was pretty friggin cool...lol

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Those where all pretty sweet beats. Glad to see more people enjoyin the music the way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                    I only watched a little bit of the first video... but I don't get what is so hard about this?

IF you can play the drums even on a very basic level, you can drum on that thing. Plus his timing is very poor. I wouldn't say it requires any talent at all.
                    ]
                    How could you say that don't require any talent? It definitely takes talent and a lot of practice to do what he is doing. His timing is not poor at all. He is just playing using a lot of swing which is pretty much the staple of the MPC.

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                    If you can keep good time then the keyboard and the MPC aren't that different. The biggest difference is changing the mapping of the MPC on the fly, whereas the keyboard is just static in terms of what keys do what.
                    I can actually do everything on my keyboard as a MPC can do. I can change the mapping easy on the keyboard using the jog wheel. The only thing different about playing drums on my keyboard and a MPC is the feel of the pads vs. the feel of keys

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    That keyboard drummer is badass too. Technically, if you think about it... a real drummer has 4 limbs with which to hit things. A keyboardist has 10 fingers. 2.5x the amount of extremities to be striking the "drums"... provided you can coordinate them properly.
                    And you can even use your feet on the MPC and keyboard. On my Korg there is 2 pedal inputs and you can actually use them through MIDI as a kick drum and hat.

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                    X