No announcement yet.

Jabercb7 : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm you're gonna hate me but as is, your new header will not work on your F22B DOHC. The new header looks to be for a USDM F22B1,2 & 6 etc for example. Notice the 0--0-0--0 port spacing vs the equal port spacing on the F22B DOHC. You'll need to get either an F22AX or H23A1 header (same exact flange on both motors), sometimes the H23A1 headers will have larger tubing, so I'd go H23A1.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      Ummm you're gonna hate me but as is, your new header will not work on your F22B DOHC. The new header looks to be for a USDM F22B1,2 & 6 etc for example. Notice the 0--0-0--0 port spacing vs the equal port spacing on the F22B DOHC. You'll need to get either an F22AX or H23A1 header (same exact flange on both motors), sometimes the H23A1 headers will have larger tubing, so I'd go H23A1.

Yea I found out when I went to install it. I ordered the wrong one. It's for 98-02 accord, it's what I get for trying to save a few pennies. Price was slightly cheaper but didn't notice the years changed

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Update.

F22b and 5 speed conversion is officially DONE!
        Finished it Tuesday. Yesterday I took advantage of the insomnia I had, I ripped apart the interior and went through it with a brush some resolve and turtlewax interior cleaner.

Got rid of all the grease and gunk that accumulated over the years.

Also installed a new alarm (fried my old one trying to connect the horn) only thing left to do is installe my header+exhaust that I had to replace because I ordered the wrong year.

So for now car will remain as is, things I plan on getting in future are QD steering wheel (wood grain, has to be)master bushing kit, coilovers, new tires and eventually paint. I have my eyes on some 97 lude fogs on ebay and a set of side markers ;-)

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Sadly did all that work and car still ended at scrapyard. Bought a new cb and swapped everything over. Tried to give the shell away but no one wanted it.

Comment

Working...
          X