Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thinking about getting a P12 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    About 95% correct... nothing that would seriously misguide anyone. Good job man!
    X2!! I have to say that was the best post I've seen from TAHSF!!!

Comment

donn't know what to do?

I blow my motor UI had a f22A1 now i got a f22A6 what can I do that will give me about 10 to 25 hp

Comment

if p12 is installed can the sports mode be used?

is the tcu and the ecu in the same location?

currently i have a 90 auto w/ bolt ons.. can i just add the p12 (plug and play) and be done ?

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
          if p12 is installed can the sports mode be used?

is the tcu and the ecu in the same location?

currently i have a 90 auto w/ bolt ons.. can i just add the p12 (plug and play) and be done ?
          Yes, yes, and yes.

The P12 can be used with the Sport mode that autos have.

The TCU and ECU are located in the same spot, one beside the other.

And the P12 plugs right in without an issue.

Here is a DIY I did about installing a P12 on an auto CB7
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
            Yes, yes, and yes.

The P12 can be used with the Sport mode that autos have.

The TCU and ECU are located in the same spot, one beside the other.

And the P12 plugs right in without an issue.

Here is a DIY I did about installing a P12 on an auto CB7
            thanks so much..........

Comment

Wow, just wow! I have to find myself a P12 and TCU- I'll swap them into my 93 Ann edition... The car is currently 50 miles away and I wont see her for a couple of days, does anyone know which engine came in it?

deevergote- is the 95 TCU p&p? what was the benifits from that swap?

1993 - CB7 10th Anniversary edition
              1988 - DA3 Special edition

Comment

The TCU just changes the shift points. I don't even know if the TCU from the Prelude S is different... possibly, but I don't know much about automatics.

The P12 came in the Prelude S. The only 4th gen Prelude with a SOHC engine, which is the F22A1... identical in every way to the engine in your car.

Comment

pt6 and h23a1 intake will it work better

will this work together if i get the f22a6 camshaft and gear

Comment

Originally posted by 904Rastalude420 View Post
                    will this work together if i get the f22a6 camshaft and gear
                    yes the Pt6 controls the A6 CAM...in other words a A6 can't perform well unless it has the A6 ECu known as the Pt6

Originally posted by deevergote
                    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

ok

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                      yes the Pt6 controls the A6 CAM...in other words a A6 can't perform well unless it has the A6 ECu known as the Pt6
                      but u say that i have to use everything a6 for it to work : pt6, a6 intake , and camshaft and gear. but what if i do all of this but use a h23a1 intake what is the gain on this is it good or bad and if so what will p12 and h23a1 work like

Comment

The A6 cam will result in more power than the A1 cam.

The P12 does not control the IAB system, so it is not ideal for the H23 manifold. You can set the IAB to open via vacuum, but that's not as good as having it done by the ECU.

Comment

so pt6 ecu ,h23a1

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          The A6 cam will result in more power than the A1 cam.

The P12 does not control the IAB system, so it is not ideal for the H23 manifold. You can set the IAB to open via vacuum, but that's not as good as having it done by the ECU.
                          so basically just a6 camshaft and gears, pt6 ecu and h23a1 intake manifold with a6 dual rails and i should be good

and sorry what are iabs?

and what would be a good cheap set up with the p12 ecu?
                          Last edited by 904Rastalude420; 01-22-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Bone stock F22A1 and P12 ECU. That's all the P12 ECU is good for... controlling a bone stock F22A1... because that's what it's made to do.

I answered your IAB question in another thread.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Bone stock F22A1 and P12 ECU. That's all the P12 ECU is good for... controlling a bone stock F22A1... because that's what it's made to do.

I answered your IAB question in another thread.

thanks for the info but some body told me that i can use h23a1 upper and a6 intake bottom intake manifold

Comment

Yes, you can do that. The P12 will not operate the IAB system in that setup either.

Comment

Working...
                                X