Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

alpine vs pioneer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alpine vs pioneer

which is a better head unit ?
    BK ALL DAY

I've had both.
    I've never had any problems out of either brand.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

well, ive never woned an alpine, but i can definetly vouch for pioneer. well priced and the audio options are great. its the first head unit that i can actually put the volume to the max without any distortion to the speakers. this is with the help of the high pass filter though, since i have 2 12s i dont need bass in my speakers.

i assure you will be satisfied with pioneer. all depends in what you are looking for to, whats your set-up?

Comment

i love pioneer i never used a alpine deck just a amp!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Honestly what type of question is that? Thats like saying whats better honda or nissan, when both have a large fleet of cars in the line. Thats a vague question that honestly is only a matter of opinion, if answered. You might get a better answer if your comparing one deck to another. example whats better a pioneer deh-8600mp or a apline 9885

PLEASE COME WITH A BETTER OR MORE DIRECT QUESTION

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

well, i mean, its not that bad of a question. both companies have their pros and cons. yes, most likely all the responses to be given will be based on personal opinion, and it would help if he had particular models in mind, but i dont think its that crazy of a question.

when i first looked around for a H/U i tried to find a good company, then a good model. Cause i had Clarion before and it was nothing compaired to pioneer. I paid 300 for my clarion and the first pioneer i got was 120 and beat that clarion. now i have a 200 dollar pioneer and i couldnt even imagine asking for better then that.

so i would say pioneer is better than clarion, and i dont even think thats based on personal preference, thats quality and spec wise. Anyways, just wanted to justify his question.

Once again, be safe, go with pioneer.

Comment

i always thought alpine head units sounded better than pioneer, not that they are bad at all but the quality is better with most alpines.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
              Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Alpine decks are better as far as user options. Pioneer is a great brand as well. I used to have an Alpine headunit and loved it. Now I have a Pioneer navigation system. If it wasnt for the navi, I would have kept my pioneer. Alpines look awesome too.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

really?? i didnt know alpines had more options and soudned better. ive never heard or played with an alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
                    really?? i didnt know alpines had more options and soudned better. ive never heard or played with an alpine.
                    Well, from the last time I played with them... Alpine has more sound adjustments. Alpine also lets you customize your custom adjustments threw your pc and them DL them into your unit. I dont know about "sounding better", but you can definately tune the sounds.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                      Well, from the last time I played with them... Alpine has more sound adjustments. Alpine also lets you customize your custom adjustments threw your pc and them DL them into your unit. I dont know about "sounding better", but you can definately tune the sounds.
                      WHAT!?! you can download your preset form your pc? thats insane! never heard of that. is it transfered through usb?

Comment

Originally posted by bk92accordex View Post
                        which is a better head unit ?
                        They're both awesome but Pioneer has always been my favorite for everything. Pioneer is definitely user friendly and in most cases you can't beat the price when comparing to other units. Another reason is the fact that my Pioneer deck lights up almost to the exact same color as the rest of my dash lights which is hard to find when shopping through other decks. Later
                        Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

alpine is much nicer for S/Q but the only prob is alpine is a little harder to use i like both...

Comment

Wasn't there already a thread like this made?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I see Alpine as...difficult to setup your equalizer setings. Say you want your bass, trebble, fade, balance, Sub levels, etc...Alpine doesn't make it easy. Pioneer makes it pretty simple. Honestly, my cousin was an Alpine fan, and my ex was a pioneer fan. Just depends. Of course a 250 dollar alpine's gonna be better than a 90 dollar pioneer.

I'd prefer Pioneer. I just like the looks, and the way they setup their screen on the face. I, myself, have a Sony deck. I've always had Sony decks, but if I was to ever get out of my Sony deck fetish, I'd go for Pioneer. Just my .02
                              98' Mustang 3V Swap
                              11' VW CC R36

Comment

Working...
                              X