So, I sold the CB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I sold the CB.

I actually sold it a few weeks ago, but im just building my confidence to come on cb7tuner& see all the CBs. I miss my car, but, I'll buy another cb one day.
    This is the last picture I had.

In other news. I bought a new car.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
    Bought from: ChampCoupe
    Sold to:Losiracer2

It was clean

What's your new car?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      It was clean

What's your new car?
      2000 impala. Im starting to like it more&more each day.
      I bought that CB for $300.
      Got my impala for $1000.

I think its a steal considering there are no issues, small issues, none of that.
      Only thing I had to do was charge the A/C. You literally cant sit with it on full blast for more than 5 mins. This is like heaven compared to the CB. &it rides soooo smooth.

Comment

For the price you paid for the Impala, I'd say it sounds like a good deal... but I had an 02 Grand Prix GTP, and I LOVED it... for a week. Then the problems started. I paid $12,000 for it, and I traded it 18 months later for $3500 toward my Fit (I still owed $8500!) I felt I got a good deal in the trade!

GM products of that era were pretty awful. Some seem to be made pretty well, but others, like my GTP, are a trainwreck. I hope you lucked out with one of the good ones! If not, at least you didn't blow 5 figures on it!

I just bought an 06 Cadillac CTS-V (GM remembered how to make a decent car with the CTS), and I think my lowered CB still rides smoother! Even the V needs work, though. New shocks, a seat motor, possibly motor mounts... Modern American cars don't take the beating that Japanese cars can take. Remember that!

Comment

Wow, a 2K Impala......I'd have stuck with the 20 year old Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            For the price you paid for the Impala, I'd say it sounds like a good deal... but I had an 02 Grand Prix GTP, and I LOVED it... for a week. Then the problems started. I paid $12,000 for it, and I traded it 18 months later for $3500 toward my Fit (I still owed $8500!) I felt I got a good deal in the trade!

GM products of that era were pretty awful. Some seem to be made pretty well, but others, like my GTP, are a trainwreck. I hope you lucked out with one of the good ones! If not, at least you didn't blow 5 figures on it!

I just bought an 06 Cadillac CTS-V (GM remembered how to make a decent car with the CTS), and I think my lowered CB still rides smoother! Even the V needs work, though. New shocks, a seat motor, possibly motor mounts... Modern American cars don't take the beating that Japanese cars can take. Remember that!
            I was looking to see if that GTP motor would go in the impala. But to no avail.
            Cant really find a decent forum either.

Comment

The 2004 model came with the same engine, so it should go in. The 3800 is a good engine, usually (it's an evolution of the 3800 found in the Grand National). Mine was a turd.

This forum is rare. I still haven't found a forum I enjoy (or find as useful) for my Fit or my CTS-V. I'll still ask questions here before I go elsewhere!

Comment

How much did you sell the cb for ? The only way to sell a cb is if you have another cb your going to buy.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

My J-Body (2002) Cavalier coupe is a pretty decent car. The CB is leaps and bounds over it in interior quality. Other than that the Jbody has it beat. Ride quality, its got SOME soft touch materials, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws. That part of the dash that is constantly exposed to sunlight has cracked in 8 different places, those God awful seats, the radio button (3 of them)/shift console lights have gone out, and those aren't fuses that have gone bad.

It's torquey, but with a measly 115hp coming from a 2.2L i can't see how GM DIDN'T get 140+hp out of it when Honda could back in 1990! That being said if you ever so desired to have 140hp you have to get the ECOtec version, and GM did offer an Eaton Supercharger as well so it would push 190hp.

With that being said...I LOVE my Jbody and that Eaton Supercharger and Ecotec engine will find a way to my car.

Still haven't found any forums as decent as this one either...

Comment

The 2004 model came with the same engine, so it should go in. The 3800 is a good engine, usually (it's an evolution of the 3800 found in the Grand National). Mine was a turd.

This forum is rare. I still haven't found a forum I enjoy (or find as useful) for my Fit or my CTS-V. I'll still ask questions here before I go elsewhere!
                    So, the supercharged motor would work you think? I mean, it is only a 3800, supercharged, right? If like to get one straight from a GTP and build it ground up.

Comment

Here's some pics of the impala. its actually cleaned up a lot more now, but it wasn't THIS clean when I got it. The lady who had it always took it through a drive thru carwash. So, the bugs on the front are slowly coming off as I hand wash. Its another work in progress.

Comment

There is a buick with a supercharged 3.8l aswell. I think its the Regal. My friend who is into GM cars says its more common than the GTP and they normally have less miles on them. He has a supercharged 3800 is his Fiero. I think he said its a series II or III from a Buick Regal. Its fast i know that.

Good luck with your new ride!

EDIT: This is where he got alot of his perfomance parts from.
                        http://3800performance.com/
                        Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X