This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what seats work in an accord? an faq of sorts, pics included

i want to fit "x" seat into a cb7. what do i do?

Originally posted by uncle_el
    i don't know about fitting seats that weren't designed for your car. while you may be able to get a seat that you desire to fit onto a bracket that will fit your car, you may end up testing the waters if you get into an accident. but i suppose that you are at the mercies of past honda engineers if you get into an accident.

your best bet is to look at the specs of the seat(s) you are inquiring about. you need to find the length and width of the seating surface,and compare it to the length and width of your current stock seat. if the seat is too wide, it won't fit properly in the car, regardless of the brackets on the bottom.

after that, you would need to take a look at how the brackets are positioned on the bottom of the seat.

then, you'll need to find out the length of the brackets on the desired seat. it's best if you can use the brackets that exist in the desired seat, so as not to rip out the brackets and put in your own, as it will decrease the integrity of the seat itself. it makes sense to find a bracket length as close as possible (if not exact) to that of the cb7, so that it will fit in the tracks.

synopsis: dimensions of desired seat compared to the stock seat, bracket positioning, bracket length of desired seat.

you could theoretically, if you didn't care about having a seat that slides forward and backward, bolt the seat directly into the floor. i've only seen it done in a 240sx, and it was a show car at that.
    my comment out of this thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t&pagenumber=1

bustedlx's comments:

Originally posted by BustedLX
    It will require custom fabrication. The Accord's rails are unique in the way they mount to the seat. They are very different from all other Honda's.

custom seat brackets. how would i go about doing that?

Originally posted by Slateboy
    I was going to make a DIY on this, but here's a quick overveiw:

Fact: I have Tenzo R seats and no brackets.

Problem: I couldn't find a working bracket.

Here's the quick overview:

First I took an air-driven cutting wheel and cut the Accord seats off their sliders. It's not easy. I cheated and used a band saw to cut through the majority of the heavy metal. The brackets look like they're just riveted down, but there are also tackwelds that you cant see. However, if you cut the steel away, and slice off the tackweld points and rivets, you come away with a sliding assembly.

Now I installed the empty sliders in my car and measured the distance between the center of one, to the center of the other. This plays as an empty canvas to mount any type of seat on.

Then I measured the distance of the center of the bolts on the Tenzo seat. I can't remember without looking, but let's just say they were 2 and 1/2 inches difference from the distance of the sliders from eachother.

I went to the local big hardware store, and picked up some welding steel. It is a long flat piece of steel that is easy to work with. I subtracted the distance of the seat bolts from the total distance between the two sliders. Divided that in half. Then drilled two holes in the welding steel this distance apart. For this equation, it would be 1 and 1/4. I did this four times for each seat. This creates a piece of steel that makes up for the difference between the width of the seat mounting bolts, and the sliding assembly.

I then measured the lenthwise distance of the bolts and drilled two holes in each slider this distance from eachother. The metal brackets made of welding steel then bolted onto the seats, then into the slider assembly.

This effectively, when done with properly hardened bolts serves as a safe way to DIY brackets to fit any application.

so, what seats fit?!?!?!

prelude

93accordex's from years ago

shawn.hayden's

phatdoughnut's (jdm prelude seats)

shawn.hayden's comments about the prelude seat swap:
    Originally posted by shawn.hayden
    The seats sit a little lower than stock, but they have more support for you body (for me at least, maybe not for bigger people) than the accord seats.

We ended up having to customize the accord bracket mount holes (where it connets to the actual seat). We moved the holes as far as possibly over, (with it still having some room for give way)in order to widen the width of the prelude seat mount.We used the strongest bolts we could find to tighten it all back up... end result is a seat thats in there REALLY tight.

The mounting brackets didn't line up perfect, but I saw the same problem when I took my accord seats out and put them back in. You kinda gotta force one side in because the seat fits in there REALLY tight (a tad bit tighter than the accord, but not to the point where it's liable to break the bolts.) The holes were maybe 1-2 cm's off so just had to pull em over a tad to get em in.

The accord bracket pieces are VERY similar to the prelude and took very little modification to make them fit.

some people would probably still say that the seats are safe, but I got a friend of mine (slow904door as a matter of fact) to yank on them pretty good and they aren't goin anywhere (He's a pretty big guy as some of you will see this weekend)

overall I'm glad I took the 2 days that it took to do this, it was pretty tough at times trying to figure out a way to make em work, but with help from my friends (slow904door, MUGENS2002, and another guy thats not on here), we got it done.

I'll try to get some pictures up tommorow

EDIT: Oh and the seat goes back about the same, maybe a little farther

write up on accordinglydone by superorb on prelude seat swap

integra gsr

Originally posted by AlmightyAccord
    i dont know where i got this pic, but it was saved in my accord pics folder
    but those are GSR seats in a 2dr accord!

integra type r

Originally posted by k-mart

Type R Recaro's^ in Bille's car

s2000

lexus is200

subaru srx sti recaro

dutchaccord's

6th gen accord seats

primocb7's

crx si seats

bstedcb7's

bstedcb7's diy on crx si seat install

rsx

pics coming...

word of advice regarding newer seats

Originally posted by BustedLX
    Plus something you should consider when buying those seats, all RSX's, EP3's, S2K's and etc. have VIN's on the seats now. So if you get pulled over and a cop inspects them, your at best getting the car impounded for improper VIN's. That is if the seats come back as being stolen.

I know atleast here in South Florida that has pretty much stopped the sale/use of those kind of seats because the cops pull over everyone rocking them.
    Last edited by uncle_el; 07-30-2005, 10:53 AM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Small little note.

i think i am the only one with the prelude seats in a 4door and they DONT slide back as far as the old seats... i have to bend my legs a little and im 5'11''
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

i sell aftermarket sliders for seats if any people need them.. they can be used on OEM seats or any brand racing seats.

$65 for both sides.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

MKIII 86.5 Supra seats. Driver side is powered. It also has electronic adjustable lumbar support as well. Both seats feature a micro-adjust knob for tilt.

I had to cut off the existing toyota mounting brackets and weld on the accord brackets. The driver's seat sits 1 inch higher than the passenger side because I had to raise the seat itself from the mounting brackets, the reason being is that as I mentioned earlier the seat is powered. The motors underneath seat didn't clear the two humps in the floor board so I had to add 1 inch tubing against the sliders before I welded on the brackets for it to clear.

And finally the reason behind me even installing the seats : I used to have an old MKIII supra that my mom re-wrapped the seats for when she was a seamtress. The car died and the seats being freshly re-wrapped I salvaged those. At first I put in GS-R cloth seats in the accord but the color difference meant that I had to one, get the seats re-wrapped or two, get the whole interior re-done. I opted to put in the Supra seats instead, because it matched the funky maroon/burgandy interior that already existed in the accord.

Comment

yo rebels will your sliders fit the tenzo r rally evolution seats? and do they bolt onto the seat aswell as the frame and slide back and fourth?

Comment

more pics of bstedcb7's crx si seats:

Comment

anybody do a backseat swap???
              The Car

Comment

im very interested in doing the 6th gen accord seats,
                they are easy to replace, and the back would be the same too?

also, if they are powered seats, how do i feed them? and if they are heated, where do i get the buttons installed?

Comment

Installed 99 (5th gen) lude seats in my CB7 last night, it was pretty easy, but harder than 4th gen lude seats. I swapped the inner slider (closest to the center console) from the accord seat onto the lude seat, it wasnt perfect but its easy to get it to fit... gonna take it off and enlarge one of the holes to make it a little better. since the inner slider is an accord one, it bolts in fine, then you need to pull on the outer slider to get it to line up with the hole, and lastly the back corner closest to the rear doors im going to need to bend and drill, but as of now, 3/4 bolts are in and the seat is sturdy, and they slide all the way forward and back and they are installed in my SEDAN. I will get pics eventually for your collection el!
                  Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-01-2005, 10:02 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    Installed 99 (5th gen) lude seats in my CB7 last night, it was pretty easy, but harder than 4th gen lude seats. I swapped the inner slider (closest to the center console) from the accord seat onto the lude seat, it wasnt perfect but its easy to get it to fit... gonna take it off and enlarge one of the holes to make it a little better. since the inner slider is an accord one, it bolts in fine, then you need to pull on the outer slider to get it to line up with the hole, and lastly the back corner closest to the rear doors im going to need to bend and drill, but as of now, 3/4 bolts are in and the seat is sturdy, and they slide all the way forward and back and they are installed in my SEDAN. I will get pics eventually for your collection el!
                    glad to know that i can install lude seats on mine..i got a source..since my aunt wrecked her lude 2 months ago and the car is sitting in my garage collecting dust..haha.. my aunts wrecked lude is 92..will it fit my 2 dr CB7? the only problem i have is getting it off from my aunts car and getting it installed into my car becuase i limited tools...but other than these im all good..thanks for this write up.. good job!!
                    [IMG]http://img295.echo.cx/img295/702/cb7sohc4mm.jpg

Comment

more s2000 seats

honda304's

Comment

i have 91 GSR seats. had to make adapters. much comfyer.

Comment

will an 89 honda accord interior (door panels and seats) fit my 90 accord?
                          1990 Honda Accord EX-R --current car--
                          1991 Acura Integra RS --For sale --

Comment

Originally posted by 90ex-r
                            will an 89 honda accord interior (door panels and seats) fit my 90 accord?

WTF?!? why would u want an older gen interior.. it would require major fabrication to get the seats and panels to fit into the cb7. but you know what, give it a try and let us know how it turns out
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i got red sparco sprints in mine...ill send them later..

Comment

Working...
                              X