Cel 30 Auto - Manual swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cel 30 Auto - Manual swap

So I did the auto - Manual swap a while back, still have code 30 for auto solenoid.... how do I go about getting rid of this? I believe I've seen someone put a fuse in the plug in order to clear the code? Just making sure, honestly don't even recall what the auto solenoid plug looks like, I have it tucked somewhere.

Thanks in advance!!
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

you got rid of the tcu? and have a manual or converted ecu right?

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      you got rid of the tcu? and have a manual or converted ecu right?
      Yea tcu has been removed, I'm running a p5m manual euro r ecu.
      93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

You shouldn't have anything looking for automatic transmission bits... something is wrong.
        You converted to OBD2? How are you pulling your codes? An OBD2 ECU isn't going to be throwing paperclip codes, I don't believe.

Also, P5M is a 5th gen Prelude ECU (found in USDM and JDM Preludes...) It's for the H22A4 (and JDM equivalent). The Euro R ECU is the PCD.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          You shouldn't have anything looking for automatic transmission bits... something is wrong.
          You converted to OBD2? How are you pulling your codes? An OBD2 ECU isn't going to be throwing paperclip codes, I don't believe.

Also, P5M is a 5th gen Prelude ECU (found in USDM and JDM Preludes...) It's for the H22A4 (and JDM equivalent). The Euro R ECU is the PCD.

Ok i had a feeling it was an ecu issue, I'm gonna purchase a chipped p28 and get a street tune.
          93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Well, let's figure out what the heck is currently going on before you haphazardly start throwing money at it... Please provide a few details on how your car is set up at the moment.

Comment

may i haz the full ecu # plztnks

and so you used one of these also?

Comment

Yea i have an abd1-obd2 jumper
                93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

It was not converted to obd2, the only thing I can notice is the distributor plug which I'm still lost in how he did that. I have a manual harness sitting in the garage that I had bought with the intent to re loom for a tuck harness but was unaware that the main plugs were different. Might look into re doing it just to clean up a few unnecessary wires, off topic I know.

I was under the impression that it would still throw the auto solenoid code because the harness has the plug. I wanna say I had plugged in a friend's chipped ecu and it didn't throw the code 30.
                  93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Too lazy to type it....lol
                    93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Good luck, man.

Comment

Could it possibly be an auto ecu there for that why it's looking for the solenoid? I found the ecu on ebay and it was listed as an ecu/tcu, are they both in one?
                        93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Working...
                        X